Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Found potential resource for E-Sword - Talmud

No replies to this topic

#1 davejonescue

davejonescue

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:53 PM

Hello everyone. I was downloading resources from E-Sword and noticed that the copy of the Talmud offered here is an older 10 vol. version that states "this is an incomplete version, as the author was only able to finish about a third of the entire work." So, for the heck of it, I did a little search. Well, there is actually a public domain contemporary translation of the entire Talmud in English known as the "William Davidson Talmud" or, the "Koren Noe Talmud." It is a Talmud that comes with commentary, and, it has a "Creative-Commons" License that allows it to be freely shared on other platforms; for no charge. This seems like an awesome opportunity to get this resource into E-Sword. I am doing some projects myself for Monergism, so, I personally wont get around to it for a while. But feel free to pick this up. There is also a section on the website to download the text, so, it is clean text, and in the English translation, all the Hebrew is transliterated. The link to the website is https://www.sefaria....ts/Talmud/Bavli

Again, This is not the incomplete version that is now offered; but a complete contemporary version with commentary, that is in the public domain, and has a creative commons license. If you attempt to make this resource, please respond so I will not attempt at a future date. Thank you and God Bless.

Attached File  korn noe.jpg   32.71K   3 downloads 

Attached File  creative commons.jpg   73.25K   6 downloads

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users