Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword won't open, stuck on logo tried all fixes listed.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Paul92

Paul92

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 04:37 AM

Hi all

Firstly a bit of a background here, I have no previous use of e-Sword, but I am an IT Technician,currently on holiday, and a client of mine in South Africa has having issues opening e-Sword 13. He explained to me that the error occurred after he had 6 Windows of e-Sword running, as he says it's easier for him to do research. I'm currently assisting him remotely, but had to put the job on hold till I get more info, with regards to a way forward. 

He has an i3, with 4gb of RAM, with 1 1TB HD
his operating system is Windows 10 Education 21H1,

I have checked, and Windows Media Player is installed in Optional Features, and is present and opens in both C:\Program Files, and C:\Program Files (x86)
I have run CCleaner, SFC /Scannow, and even done hard drive diagnostic tests, and scandisk. All tests came back perfectly healthy

I uninstalled e-Sword using your uninstaller which is meant to remove all traces of e-Sword, and that didn't help. I found, and installed a copy of version 11, and that didn't open, but it did on my personal machine. 
I also ran a debugger to see where it was hanging, and got nowhere. 

I did see a printer window in task manager as part of e-Sword, but cannot see what it is. 

If anybody is able to assist, I would greatly appreciate it, and I would gladly assist with using my skills to provide all info to get this sorted. 

Thanks & God Bless. 

Edited by Paul92, 02 October 2021 - 04:38 AM.

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 05:05 AM

uninstall e-Sword and then clear any junk it left behind in the registry

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VB and VBA Program Settings

Install e-Sword 13.

#3 Queen_AdiYah

Queen_AdiYah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 09:55 PM

Thank you for asking this question.  I downloaded the module app .06 and I still can not get the E-Sword to open.  It keeps saying the "directory" is not found. It says the module and the Cepher is downloaded.  Every time I attempt to open the file it takes me back to the Module Install and continues to ask the same questions.  I need help too.

Thanks in advance. 

Shalom.

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 11:27 PM

Just to clarify. You have installed e-Sword from this site? https://www.e-sword.net/

#5 troche@signofthefish.net

troche@signofthefish.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 09:56 AM

I am currently having a serious start-up issue as well - logo splash displays but nothing more. I click on the logo and it show app is failing, also shows that in Task Manager. I'm a heavy user of e-Sword for 20 years, was using it yesterday fine, now it is failing.  I have used the v13 install file to do a "Removal".  That didn't remove everything from Registry so I searched '"e-sword" to remove many entries. I re-booted and did a new install and it still fails.  HELP!  Thanks.

#6 troche@signofthefish.net

troche@signofthefish.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 02:12 PM

I just posted to this thread - my problem is same description.  Please see my post below and help! Thanks.

#7 troche@signofthefish.net

troche@signofthefish.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:26 AM

So, I posted initially on 11/9, just sent a separate plea for help to Moderators.  Sure could use a lifeline...

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:32 AM

I threw you a lifeline on chat and you did not pick it up

#9 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:50 AM

So have you previously installed and run e-Sword 13 or was it 12 you had installed and just used the 13 installer to remove 12?

Notice to run version 13 you need to have Windows media player installed and enabled.

https://www.e-sword.net/faq.html

See first question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users