Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

searching by Strong's numbers in e-Sword for Mac

1 reply to this topic

#1 sc3mar

sc3mar

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 06:02 PM

I have seen the tutorial for searching by Strong's numbers on a PC with the binoculars icon. I don't have that icon on my Mac e-Sword.

Could someone help me?

#2 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 September 2021 - 06:43 PM

The equivalent to the binoculars icon in the Mac version of e-Sword is the "Search" tab, which is found at the top of the Bible pane, as you will see in the attached screenshot. It will search whatever version of the Bible is currently open in the main Bible view. If you are going to search for Strong's numbers, then you would obviously want to choose KJV+ or another translation with Strong's numbers before clicking the Search tab mentioned above.

An alternate way to search by Strong's numbers is to use the King James Concordance (KJC), which can be downloaded right from within e-Sword (press command+D or choose File>Resources>Download... from the menu bar). This resource will show up in your Lexicons. Type the Strong's number you want in the search field in the Lexicons pane, and the result will show you every instance of that Strong's number in the King James Version of the Bible. It also shows you what English words were used to translate the original Hebrew/Greek word in the King James Version.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.

Attached Files

Edited by modulist, 08 September 2021 - 06:44 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users