Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Encrypting modules for commercial release

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 preachermax

preachermax

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 06:52 AM

I haven't made any posts or contributions in a few years.  I have immersed myself in developing a way to convert renaissance Greek and Latin (and possibly Hebrew) manuscripts into text with fonts matching the original works. Such manuscripts exist in various image formats in several repositories around the world.

From there, I intended to create E-Sword and TheWord modules from OCR'd images.  Thank the Lord, both ministries have hung around long enough for me to get here.  

My starting point is the Erasmus 1516 original printed version of the New Testament.  After 5 years of God making ways where there were none,  I have finally finished with a SQLite3 database containing the Gospel of Matthew.  And I just completed the Python code that does all the work.  The result is that the code generates both modules, with a lot of helpful interaction, up to and including Strong's, RMAC, Lemmas, and English. 

A  screenshot: is attached.

My plan is to release both free and commercial modules.  The free one will be just the text, Ma'am and will only permit personal use of the required font.

The feature rich versions will be commercial. I have no idea how much to charge. And at the current pace, the entire thing will be ready sometime early next year.

But I do need to know how to encrypt the SQLite modules in preparation for release at BibleSupport, E-Sword, and The Word.

Thanks for any help you can give.  The faster I can generate a small income, the more time I can dedicate to future projects like:

Erasmus Versions from 1519, 1522, 1527, and 1535

Complutension PolyGlot

Stephanus 1550

I am starting here, but I will eventually need to join with all three ministries to reach the first big release milestone.

This is historical technology for sharing God's word for as far back as the extant body of manuscripts goes.  And the Devil don't like it. 

So, I covet your prayers.

In Him,

Max

Attached Files

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 07:24 AM

If you can post your request regarding theWord modules to the theWord forum, then Jonathan will possibly be able to help. https://forum.theword.net/index.php

#3 preachermax

preachermax

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 07:31 AM

Thanks JPG, will do.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 09:29 AM

I haven't made any posts or contributions in a few years.  I have immersed myself in developing a way to convert renaissance Greek and Latin (and possibly Hebrew) manuscripts into text with fonts matching the original works. Such manuscripts exist in various image formats in several repositories around the world.

From there, I intended to create E-Sword and TheWord modules from OCR'd images.  Thank the Lord, both ministries have hung around long enough for me to get here.  

My starting point is the Erasmus 1516 original printed version of the New Testament.  After 5 years of God making ways where there were none,  I have finally finished with a SQLite3 database containing the Gospel of Matthew.  And I just completed the Python code that does all the work.  The result is that the code generates both modules, with a lot of helpful interaction, up to and including Strong's, RMAC, Lemmas, and English. 

A  screenshot: is attached.

My plan is to release both free and commercial modules.  The free one will be just the text, Ma'am and will only permit personal use of the required font.

The feature rich versions will be commercial. I have no idea how much to charge. And at the current pace, the entire thing will be ready sometime early next year.

But I do need to know how to encrypt the SQLite modules in preparation for release at BibleSupport, E-Sword, and The Word.

Thanks for any help you can give.  The faster I can generate a small income, the more time I can dedicate to future projects like:

Erasmus Versions from 1519, 1522, 1527, and 1535

Complutension PolyGlot

Stephanus 1550

I am starting here, but I will eventually need to join with all three ministries to reach the first big release milestone.

This is historical technology for sharing God's word for as far back as the extant body of manuscripts goes.  And the Devil don't like it. 

So, I covet your prayers.

In Him,

Max

Once you have the modules in e-sword format an easy way to encrypt them is by using Simple Bible Reader. Simple Bible Reader can create encrypted e-Sword modules with just a couple of mouse clicks

#5 preachermax

preachermax

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:22 AM

Thanks Tj,

I can do that.  I have an older 2.9 version.  I can't find a working 3.0 that is't corrupted.

My basic question is whether or not that type of encryption is what Rick, Josh, and Jonathan need on their sites.

I probably could have been more clear.

Be Blessed!

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 03:14 PM

Thanks Tj,

I can do that.  I have an older 2.9 version.  I can't find a working 3.0 that is't corrupted.

My basic question is whether or not that type of encryption is what Rick, Josh, and Jonathan need on their sites.

I probably could have been more clear.

Be Blessed!

I can email you a a working copy of 3.0 if you want it

#7 preachermax

preachermax

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 11:34 PM

Thanks so much, Tj.  I really appreciate it. 

I will certainly put it to use.  I am Windows 7-64 bit  or Ubuntu 18.04.

I can afford to stay forward compatible at this point.

Most all of my development is on a Jetson Nano until the final stage of generating the modules.

If I knew that I could simply use SQLCipher for e-Sword, I could encrypt from the Nano.

I am also thinking about releasing my PyQT GUI that does all the work, but it is not ready for a public GitHub, yet.

I sent you an info PM.

God Bless,

Max

#8 preachermax

preachermax

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 03:29 AM

For others, who may be taking an interest, attachedAttached File  Mss_eSword_compare.png   465.03K   18 downloads is a screenshot that compares the original manuscript to the resulting eSword module.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users