Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Unable to use Tooltip NT

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 07:37 PM

I just downloaded tool tip Nt, the most recent one I think.  It would not even open.  The error message I copied to clipboard and pasted it below.

Can someone please help me to get tooltip working?  I really want to be able to create modules, It is the main reason why I bought a PC to run esword.  I havn't used windows since 2010.  It still sucks.  Please help.  

Thanks

Jason

Report the following:
⎕WI CREATION ERROR: Class not registered "TIS.TX.TextControl.28"
VerseList2[5]         a←form ⎕wi '.txVL.Create' TXVersion
                             ^

VerseList2[5] *
TxCtrl[39]
Start[87]

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 07:45 PM

I just downloaded tool tip Nt, the most recent one I think.  It would not even open.  The error message I copied to clipboard and pasted it below.

Can someone please help me to get tooltip working?  I really want to be able to create modules, It is the main reason why I bought a PC to run esword.  I havn't used windows since 2010.  It still sucks.  Please help.  

Thanks

Jason

Report the following:
⎕WI CREATION ERROR: Class not registered "TIS.TX.TextControl.28"
VerseList2[5]         a←form ⎕wi '.txVL.Create' TXVersion
                             ^

VerseList2[5] *
TxCtrl[39]
Start[87]

Try downloading one of the 2 versions that start with 2019 the 2020 version has bug that causes the issue you are having

#3 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:00 AM

ok so I just downloaded the "ToolTipTool NT 20190819.exe" version and it did open.  whether it works totally still remains unknown but thanks.  

Question:  Is the creator of this app no longer updating it?  If so, is there anything more up to date that out there of in the works?

#4 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:44 AM

Question:  Is the creator of this app no longer updating it?  If so, is there anything more up to date that out there of in the works?

Sadly, Brent Hildebrand, the creator and developer of ToolTipTool NT, passed away from cancer a while ago, so there will be no more updates.

As I understand it, Brent used a programming language that very few people know, so therefore, nobody else is likely to take up the project and continue developing it in his absence.

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:42 AM

ok so I just downloaded the "ToolTipTool NT 20190819.exe" version and it did open.  whether it works totally still remains unknown but thanks.  

That 2019 version you downloaded will work completely as that is what I use for my module work. One suggestion before using Tooltip NT is to read through the Tooltip NT User's Guide which is accessible by clicking Help on the menu across the top of e-Sword Tooltip NT. The manual is an extensive PDF document that covers all facets of module creation for all module types, it can answer most questions you have and solve most problems you may run into. 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 25 June 2021 - 04:54 PM.

#6 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:48 PM

Thanks very much

#7 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:58 PM

My condolences for Brent's passing.  What a terrible loss for the bible support contributors.  Some one must take up this effort.  

Is there not a more simple way to convert word files to bblx files?  I know some very skilled computer guys, there must be a simple way to do this moving forward.  

Thanks for the info.  

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:01 PM

...the Tooltip NT User's Guide which is accessible by clicking Help on the menu across the top of e-Sword.

Seriously! Or are you kidding me, as I thought that if you click on top of e-Sword's Help menu you get the e-Sword User Guide.

ROFL.gif

Gotta seriously love this.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 25 June 2021 - 04:05 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:54 PM

Seriously! Or are you kidding me, as I thought that if you click on top of e-Sword's Help menu you get the e-Sword User Guide.

Gotta seriously love this.

Blessings,

All fixed

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:33 PM

All fixed

It's just one of those things that what one may have in his mind or thinking sort of doesn't kind of come out in the way it should, or just leaves that bit out, really makes it hilarious. So when one comes across something like that, it becomes good fun.

So, bless your wonderful heart, and God love you heaps.

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users