Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Version 11.1 will not open after windows update

15 replies to this topic

#1 justbarab

justbarab

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 07:48 AM

I updated windows and e-sword that I used this morning will not open now. Did Windows include older versions in the issues with version 13? If not why won't my version open?

I have been using e-sword 11.1. I hesitate updating due to the issue here as well as all the folks having issues updating to version 13.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Barb

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:00 AM

I suggest to try Repair of e-Sword.

If you are unsure how to do that, it is via the Windows "Programs and Features", where you would normally be uninstalling a program. On the entry for e-Sword there is an option to Repair, in the list header.

#3 justbarab

justbarab

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 02:38 PM

Thanks Bug Hunter,

I tried that and it sets there circling and if I click on it, i get a message. If I wait it may respond or I can close it. I have waited about 10 minutes and it does not respond, just keeps circling.

Barb

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 June 2021 - 07:49 AM

I updated windows and e-sword that I used this morning will not open now. Did Windows include older versions in the issues with version 13? If not why won't my version open?

I have been using e-sword 11.1. I hesitate updating due to the issue here as well as all the folks having issues updating to version 13.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Barb

I've just created a video regarding your concerns of e-Sword 13, and trust that this will help you.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21)

Edited by APsit190, 21 June 2021 - 07:52 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 justbarab

justbarab

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 09:21 AM

Thanks Stephen,

I checked and had windows media player on my system so I downloaded e-sword 13. Tried to open it and same thing, so i restarted my computer hoping that would help.

I still will not open. It sets there circling and if I click it, it says I can wait for a response of close the program. I wait for a while and nothing happens.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope I haven't lost all notes from the older version.

Thanks again,

Barb

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 12:57 PM

Thanks Stephen,

I checked and had windows media player on my system so I downloaded e-sword 13. Tried to open it and same thing, so i restarted my computer hoping that would help.

I still will not open. It sets there circling and if I click it, it says I can wait for a response of close the program. I wait for a while and nothing happens.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope I haven't lost all notes from the older version.

Thanks again,

Barb

You need to make sure that not only is Windows Media Player on your system but that is active as well:

https://technoresult...-in-windows-10/

#7 justbarab

justbarab

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:16 PM

Thank you. I checked and it is enabled. It still circles and does not start.

Barb

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 11:18 PM

You mention this issue started after you updated Windows (So the issue existed after the Windows update and when using version 11?)

Sometimes Windows can have another update to download and install, check again.

#9 justbarab

justbarab

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 07:05 AM

I checked the updates and Windows is up to date with all installed successfully. This was the latest update. 2021-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5004476)

thanks,

Barb

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:50 AM

Thank you. I checked and it is enabled. It still circles and does not start.

Barb

Try right clicking the icon for e-Sword and then clicking "run as an administrator" it might open this way 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users