Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Multi-screen?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:03 PM

Hello, Just wondering if anyone is having success with more than one screen for use with e-sword.  I only have one screen at the moment but I was thinking that maybe once I get familiar with all the functions I may want to use multiple screens.  

I'm not a tech guy, sorry if this is a stupid question but if you have experience using multiple screens to make e-sword an even more awesome interface give me a brief reply with your experience/review

Thanks 

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:39 PM

Hello, Just wondering if anyone is having success with more than one screen for use with e-sword.  I only have one screen at the moment but I was thinking that maybe once I get familiar with all the functions I may want to use multiple screens.  

I'm not a tech guy, sorry if this is a stupid question but if you have experience using multiple screens to make e-sword an even more awesome interface give me a brief reply with your experience/review

Thanks 

Yes, I do. In fact I can also add another "monitor," which is my TV, thus giving me a total of 3 Monitors.

In short, without going into verbose detail, I can honestly say that I would go back to using a single monitor.

That said, there is only one way I would go back to a single monitor is by having a 48" stretched curved monitor which can give me a seamless view. That, mate would be something that is totally awesome.

Trust that this is helpful to you, and made you drool (out of both sides of your mouth).

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 06 June 2021 - 04:40 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 12:13 AM

Ok Thanks.  

#4 Tomnahurich

Tomnahurich

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHighlands of Scotland

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:01 AM

I have a large screen but would find it easier for comparison if I could open up two copies of e-sword on the same screen. Is this safe? or sensible?

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 August 2021 - 01:13 AM

I have a large screen but would find it easier for comparison if I could open up two copies of e-sword on the same screen. Is this safe? or sensible?

Hi Tom,
There's nothing unsafe or unwise about it. Its all just about real estate - the more room you have the better. Moreover, basically large screens are designed to hold more than one program so that one can work between two (or three+) programs. About the only limiting factor would be the amount of RAM you have or don't have. So when it comes to e-Sword, having two instances of it up on your display should not be a problem.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

P.S. As a matter of interest, how big is your monitor, and is it curved or flat?

Edited by APsit190, 01 August 2021 - 01:15 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Tomnahurich

Tomnahurich

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHighlands of Scotland

Posted 05 August 2021 - 01:44 AM

Greetings from the Highlands of Scotland.  Many thanks for your answer it puts my mind at rest.  I am using a flat monitor 22 inch at the moment.  Takes two copies of E-sword and is ideal.

Stay safe,

Tomnahurich

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users