Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help putting modules into e-sword x

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 08:52 AM

I need help putting modules into my e-sword x. After download I can’t open the file. It doesn’t allow me to deject the downloaded file when I try to open it in e-sword

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 10:06 AM

I need help putting modules into my e-sword x. After download I can’t open the file. It doesn’t allow me to deject the downloaded file when I try to open it in e-sword

You need to make sure the modules your are downloading are the correct format for use with e-Sword x. Modules for use with Apple/Mac devices have file extensions that end in the letter "i" see the list below:

Apple/Mac file formats:

Bible (bbli)
Commentary (cmti)
Dictionary (dcti)
Bible Reading Plan (brpi).
Devotional (devi)
Reference Library (refi)
Topic File (topi)

If the modules you have downloaded do not have the above file extensions they are most likely for the Windows versions of e-Sword

#3 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:48 PM

Thanks.  is there a way to convert them?  Why doesn't bible support put the e-sword x in a separate module list?

Thanks again

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 03:22 PM

Thanks.  is there a way to convert them?  Why doesn't bible support put the e-sword x in a separate module list?

Thanks again

There is a converter available on the official e-Sword website but it only runs in Windows.

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

#5 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 06:42 PM

hmmm.  well I did get it to work for a bbli file.  but I can't select a bblx file yet.  when I got into e-sword x and try to import the file type bblx can not be selected.  

Thanks for the help.  Do you use windows?  I'm wondering if it would be worth getting a cheap PC to do my e-sword stuff.  would be great if there was a page or site with all apple files.  or modules in the app store to purchase upgrades.  

thanks

Edited by jsmeadows, 25 May 2021 - 06:45 PM.

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 06:49 PM

hmmm.  well I did get it to work for a bbli file.  but I can't select a bblx file yet.  when I got into e-sword x and try to import the file type bblx can not be selected.  

Thanks for the help.  Do you use windows?  I'm wondering if it would be worth getting a cheap PC to do my e-sword stuff.  would be great if there was a page or site with all apple files.  or modules in the app store to purchase upgrades.  

thanks

bblx files are for the Windows version of e-Sword not the Mac version bblx files need to be converted to bbli.

You don't need by a PC there is a program called Crossover Mac from a company called Codeweavers that allows Windows Apps to be run on a Mac 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 25 May 2021 - 06:50 PM.

#7 Ploughboy

Ploughboy

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 07:16 PM

I noticed some people have done there own translations and made their translations available in a e-sword compatible file.  what is the best file type to start with for easy conversion to x or i files later in your opinion.  

wow this is awesome.  I have really wanted to do my own translation for a while because I think it would be the best way to get the most in-depth personal study.  have you tried this?  I have so much to learn, I guess i will start in a google docs file and hopefully I can work with it later when it come time to publish it in a file I can upload.  Awesome

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 03:42 PM

I noticed some people have done there own translations and made their translations available in a e-sword compatible file.  what is the best file type to start with for easy conversion to x or i files later in your opinion.  

wow this is awesome.  I have really wanted to do my own translation for a while because I think it would be the best way to get the most in-depth personal study.  have you tried this?  I have so much to learn, I guess i will start in a google docs file and hopefully I can work with it later when it come time to publish it in a file I can upload.  Awesome

There is a module creation tool called e-Sword Tooltip NT that can be used to create modules for both the Windows and Mac versions of e-Sword

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users