Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Questions concerning "Scripture Tooltip"

2 replies to this topic

#1 David Vdt

David Vdt

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 01:00 PM

Hello folks, thank you for the fantastic Bible software.

I have had this for some time, sadly not used this much. Using other software mostly.

I just downloaded & installed your latest V13.0 - Note, I can find the reading voice for this new V13.

Scripture tooltips . . . Where you highlight and then the verse(s) popup after clicking on what looks like the comment icon. (Just to be sure we are talking the same task)

I am beginning a LOT of papers and it looks to best do them in the "Editor - Topic Notes" location. Still looking how to create folders to keep all my papers organized, have not found out how yet.

OK

1) I have Hundreds verses I need ALL of them to show the verses on hover. (The software I was using did all this automatically) Is their a way to have ALL verses automatically (I will call it Parsing" for lack of better term) Parse without having to highlight hundreds of these verses then clicking on an icon to get each one to work?

1b) I am an older man and the thin light green font is VERY difficult to see. Can the resulting Scripture Tooltip default to a specific font/size/and color? Best if this was ALL done automatically with a font/size and color of choosing.  :) I have been having to reformat EVERY verse. Doing this to every verse loses my interest in doing so. Again, I was using "Word search" software that did all this automatically but sadly they were not retained so I no longer use the software. Things that work, are good . . .

2) How can folders be created so many papers can be organized in each folder under the Editors tab? , , , "Saving" button seems to not give me an option to create a new folder. Am I missing something there?

Is the Editor the best place to place my many papers?

Last question. Are each of the files/papers I create stored as HTML files? If so, I can use them elsewhere by just copying the code and pasting in another software. Are those papers capable of this?

Thank you MUCH for your help

David

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 01:34 PM

Last question. Are each of the files/papers I create stored as HTML files? If so, I can use them elsewhere by just copying the code and pasting in another software. Are those papers capable of this?

The module format is an SQLite database, and the format of the text is rich text format. However you can export a topic at a time from within the editor. You hold down the Ctrl key and right mouse click to bring up a menu. Select the Export item from there and set the format for export in the file window.

#3 David Vdt

David Vdt

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 03:10 PM

Thank you, that is helpful

I was thinking the "Topic Notes" may be the best place to copy & paste all the papers I have, do you believe that is where I should be placing the papers I have? Are Topic Notes embedded within "Modules?" 

Trying to understand the layout of the land.

TIA

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users