Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help making file work - Nee, Watchman - The Normal Christian Life.top.exe

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 satch73467@yahoo.com

satch73467@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 05:31 PM

Hello, 

I tried to download the file 

Nee, Watchman - The Normal Christian Life.top.exe

It is installed in my e-sword folder, but not showing up in the references library as my other items are showing.

Not sure if I am doing something incorrect, of if this is a bad file. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and blessings in Christ, 

Doug

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 05:59 PM

Hello, 

I tried to download the file 

Nee, Watchman - The Normal Christian Life.top.exe

It is installed in my e-sword folder, but not showing up in the references library as my other items are showing.

Not sure if I am doing something incorrect, of if this is a bad file. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and blessings in Christ, 

Doug

The exe file is a self executing file that needs to be run in order to correctly install the module. 

Move the exe file to your desktop and then double click it to run it so it installs the module

#3 satch73467@yahoo.com

satch73467@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:16 PM

The exe file is a self executing file that needs to be run in order to correctly install the module. 

Move the exe file to your desktop and then double click it to run it so it installs the module

thanks for your suggestion, I have run it in the folder , also on the desktop, still no results. :(

#4 satch73467@yahoo.com

satch73467@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:02 PM

I have run this from the desktop, downloaded it, deleted it, downloaded it and run it again, I can see the file in the folder, however it does not show on the esword reference library. It appears some of the Chafer books have the same problem.

it says its a TOP file, its green, unlike most of the other files in the folder.

Thanks a bunch, 

Doug

#5 Cary Driscoll

Cary Driscoll

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:30 PM

The file you are installing is in version 8 format, so it won't work as is. There is a utility that will convert some version 8 modules to version 9, but also read the comments at the bottom of the page where this file was downloaded. It mentions another file that contains a collection of Watchman Nee books, including this one.

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:41 AM

It appears that this work has also been made part of a collection of his works.

Link to download

However there is not an installer .exe for this file so you will need to manually move it from your downloads folder to the main e-Sword folder if you want it to show in your Library files. The old .topx file for v10 onwards was hidden by a moderator when this collection was made. However the v8 .top was left there for those that still use the older Access Database format modules.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:36 PM

Link to download

However there is not an installer .exe for this file so you will need to manually move it from your downloads folder to the main e-Sword folder if you want it to show in your Library files. The old .topx file for v10 onwards was hidden by a moderator when this collection was made. However the v8 .top was left there for those that still use the older Access Database format modules.

Just to add to what Jon (JPG) has has shared relating to top format of Topic Note files.

Converting these files can be done within the current version of e-Sword without any difficulty at all. To learn how this can be done, watch the video below.

Should this video prove helpful to you, click on the thumps up button, subscribe to the channel, and hit the Notification bell for up to date and new content..

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 19 May 2021 - 02:41 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 satch73467@yahoo.com

satch73467@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:30 PM

Link to download

Hey thanks and blessings for the link , worked like a charm :)

#9 satch73467@yahoo.com

satch73467@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:31 PM

Just to add to what Jon (JPG) has has shared relating to top format of Topic Note files.

Converting these files can be done within the current version of e-Sword without any difficulty at all. To learn how this can be done, watch the video below.

Should this video prove helpful to you, click on the thumps up button, subscribe to the channel, and hit the Notification bell for up to date and new content..

Blessings,

Thanks for taking the time to create this video, however with the link above, it appears I wont need to do this, the above link worked.

Thanks, and many blessings, 

Doug

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 May 2021 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for taking the time to create this video, however with the link above, it appears I wont need to do this, the above link worked.

Thanks, and many blessings, 

Doug

Hi Doug,

This video is quite old. I made it about a couple of years ago as part of answering the actual ongoing question of converting old top and not files to the current topx and notx format. You will actually see this video elsewhere on this site. Just can't remember where it is.

On my DRailed4700 YouTube channel there is a playlist of videos which covers a large array of topics relating to e-Sword which you may find helpful. None of the videos have been edited. They are all WYSIWYG straight up, plain and simple, and thing really flashy about them. So there we are.

Anyway, have a great day and be blessed.

God Love you heaps,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users