Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Reference Books (topx) - Torrey, R. A. - Jesus - The Prophet, The Priest, The King

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jlfleming

jlfleming

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOcala, FL

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:51 PM

File Name: Torrey, R. A. - Jesus - The Prophet, The Priest, The King

File Submitter: jlfleming

File Submitted: 12 May 2021

File Category: Reference Books (topx)

Author: R. A. Torrey
e-Sword Version: Requires 10.1+

Three weeks ago, at the close of a series of ten sermons on “The Real Christ,” as a deep hush still brooded over the audience, (for the Holy Spirit had given all of us to see Jesus as we had never seen Him before), Mr. T. C. Horton, who had been a constant and very appreciative attendant at all the services, stepped up to me and, gently laying his hand upon my shoulder, said in a very tender tone, “I think you ought to preach a sermon on ‘Jesus The Prophet.’ It would be very timely.” I have seldom been able to speak on subjects others suggest; I am compelled usually to get subjects directly from God; and furthermore, I had never spoken or written a line directly upon this subject. Nevertheless, I said “I will think about it.” That very afternoon I went alone with God and asked Him, and I received a command from a Higher Authority than Mr. Horton or any human authority: “Preach three sermons, one on Jesus The Prophet, one on Jesus The Priest, and one on Jesus The King,” and I obeyed. Oh, the joy I have had in preparing these sermons. Time and again I have had to stop in my preparation of them, as God gave me to see things, or realize things, that I had never clearly seen or realized before, and get down and bury my face in my hands and thank and praise and worship God the Father and the Son, and in an overwhelming sense of my inability to tell these things in any adequate way, implore God to preach through me. And He has. Many people have said that they have been greatly blessed, but I do not think that anyone has received the blessing the preacher has, both in his preparation of the sermons and in his delivery of them. Oh, the joy there is in my heart today, joy in Jesus, joy in Jesus The Prophet, Jesus The Priest, Jesus The King.

On the Sunday following the sermon on “Jesus The King,” I was lead to preach a sermon on “Jesus The Wonder.” This sermon seemed to fit into the three already delivered so perfectly that it was thought wise to add it to this book as completing the study of our Lord Jesus from the standpoint of this book.

God grant that the reading of these sermons may bring to many thousands in many lands a joy and blessing like to that which the preparation of them has brought to my own heart.

R. A. Torrey.

Click here to download this file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users