Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

I am working on "Theology of Work Bible Commentary." (Resumed)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davejonescue

davejonescue

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:12 AM

Hello all, I have some bad news. Unfortunately I am unable to complete this commentary. Since it has a creative commons license, I purchased the E-Book thinking this would be better formatting regarding the creation of the module. While making the module, I noticed that the e-book addition is not a verbatim copy of the online edition, and, only the online edition is free of copyright restrictions. While I can make this module for myself, for my personal use, I cannot officially distribute it. If someone has the time to manually copy the commentary first from the web, edit and format it, then set the marks for production, this would be an awesome project. But personally, I work full-time and dont really have the spare time between work, devotionals, study, and service. Like I said, this would be a great project for a retiree, or someone on disability, but I am unable to put the time in to give this awesome commentary its due. For those that dont know, this commentary is not an expositional, verse by verse commentary, but, its goal is to highlight every work-related instance in the bible. Hopefully someone will pick it up. Hey, I tried, but dont want to make this site look bad uploading copyright violations. God Bless.

Edit. Thankfully the Lord allowed me to figit with this more. I am able to download the entire book sections in html format, then open them in Word without the videos and pictures, so, this takes a lot of work having to manually copy/paste every section. I will spend the next day or so putting the html commentary into Word, then I will format, then set the marks. I may get this done in 2 weeks after all, lol.

Edited by davejonescue, 25 April 2021 - 08:02 PM.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 08:16 AM

Hello everybody. I am working on Theology of Work Bible Commentary. Should be done within the next 2 weeks. I got the entire text in Word and formatted, just going back and setting the marks to convert in ToolTip. God Bless.

Just an idea to make creating this module easier and better organized for e-Sword users:

The mark system used by e-Sword allows for the creation three different types of commentary comments; the three type of commentary notes are Book, Chapter and Verse. Book comments cover an entire bible book, chapter comments cover entire chapters and verse comments cover individual bible verses. 

In the commentary window in e-Sword there 3 small buttons labeled B C V these buttons allow e-Sword users to toggle between the three types of commentary comments. 

To create the different types of notes in a commentary module you set either single or multiple marks. A single mark is for an individual verse note, two marks for  chapter comments and 3 marks for a full book comments.

Given that the module you are working on has comments that span multiple bible verses it would be wise perhaps to create chapter comments for those comments using 2 marks for those comments. This will keep things in the e-Sword commentary window neat, clean and organized.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 April 2021 - 03:28 PM

@ davejonescue

Just an idea to make creating this module easier and better organized for e-Sword users:

The mark system used by e-Sword allows for the creation three different types of commentary comments; the three type of commentary notes are Book, Chapter and Verse. Book comments cover an entire bible book, chapter comments cover entire chapters and verse comments cover individual bible verses. 

In the commentary window in e-Sword there 3 small buttons labeled B C V these buttons allow e-Sword users to toggle between the three types of commentary comments. 

To create the different types of notes in a commentary module you set either single or multiple marks. A single mark is for an individual verse note, two marks for  chapter comments and 3 marks for a full book comments.

Given that the module you are working on has comments that span multiple bible verses it would be wise perhaps to create chapter comments for those comments using 2 marks for those comments. This will keep things in the e-Sword commentary window neat, clean and organized.

Just to add to what Mr Higgins shared:

• Books section is there to give an introduction the Books of the Bible and or an introduction to the Commentary
  • Chapters section is there to give an introduction or a theme to the chapter
  • The Verse section is the actual Commentary part, which gives an exegetical perspective or explanation of them.

For more information relating the the Book, Chapter, and Verse sections of the Commentary, go to Selecting Between Verse, Book, and Chapter Comments section, page 96 (pdf file page 108) of the e-Sword User Guide.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 davejonescue

davejonescue

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 06:10 PM

Hello all, I have some bad news. Unfortunately I am unable to complete this commentary. Since it has a creative commons license, I purchased the E-Book thinking this would be better formatting regarding the creation of the module. While making the module, I noticed that the e-book addition is not a verbatim copy of the online edition, and, only the online edition is free of copyright restrictions. While I can make this module for myself, for my personal use, I cannot officially distribute it. If someone has the time to manually copy the commentary first from the web, edit and format it, then set the marks for production, this would be an awesome project. But personally, I work full-time and dont really have the spare time between work, devotionals, study, and service. Like I said, this would be a great project for a retiree, or someone on disability, but I am unable to put the time in to give this awesome commentary its due. For those that dont know, this commentary is not an expositional, verse by verse commentary, but, its goal is to highlight every work-related instance in the bible. Hopefully someone will pick it up. Hey, I tried, but dont want to make this site look bad uploading copyright violations. God Bless.

Edit. Thankfully the Lord allowed me to figit with this more. I am able to download the entire book sections in html format, then open them in Word without the videos and pictures, so, this takes a lot of work having to manually copy/paste every section. I will spend the next day or so putting the html commentary into Word, then I will format, then set the marks. I may get this done in 2 weeks after all, lol.

Edited by davejonescue, 25 April 2021 - 08:02 PM.

#5 davejonescue

davejonescue

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:07 PM

4/25/21 11:00 pm

Now I have the entire commentary in a single Word html file...1100 pages. Calling it a night. Tomorrow I will resume. I think I am going to go through and format, get rid of the things not related to the commentary, set the font and size, and try to get it ready to simply set the marks. Man, until I made a module, I didnt really appreciate the time and effort that goes into creating them, but, since I am being offered so much at no cost, I want to at least contribute one good module to the cause. Everybody have a good night. God Bless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users