Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Website Changes to Accommodate e-Sword 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

With the introduction of e-Sword 10, we need to account for 2 resource changes:
  • Additions to e-Sword 10 Topics files (.topx)
  • Addition of Reference Library files (.refx)
Here's the plan and I welcome your feedback!

To handle the addition of Reference Library modules (.refx), I created a new category, shown below:
Attached File  ref_library_cats.png   15.36K   15 downloads

Topx files now behave according to these rules:
  • Topx files created for e-Sword 10 are backward compatible with 9.x, except for pictures, headers/footers, and bookmark hyperlinks. Pictures, headers, and footers in 10.x topics will not display in 9.x. Bookmark hyperlinks render as a hyperlink but do not function in 9.x. All other content displays properly in 9.x. So the user will simply not see certain elements of an e-Sword 10 topics file, but the content the user does see displays properly.
  • 9.x topics work properly in e-Sword 10.
Taking that into account: When a user uploads a Topics file, the user can select whether a Topics file is: "9.x & 10.x" -or- "Compatible w/ 9.x but has 10.x only features". The resulting files will display like this:
Attached File  9-10.png   11.53K   21 downloads

Attached File  9xwithgraphics.png   14.28K   15 downloads

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Taking that into account: When a user uploads a Topics file, the user can select whether a Topics file is: "9.x & 10.x" -or- "Compatible w/ 9.x but has 10.x only features".

Josh,
This is a great idea, and I like it. That said, I don't know if you did this or not, but in the case you didn't I'd like to make a couple of suggestions.
  • This also should be extended to Study Note and Journal Note files, if this hasn't been done.
  • When, before uploading a Topic, Study, Journal note file, it should be made that the user cannot upload until the options have been entered and competed. Doing this will save on errors.
Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users