Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Question: html format of a verse tooltip

1 reply to this topic

#1 Alan82

Alan82

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:39 AM

Hi,

I want to convert a mysword module to an e-sword module while using the html formatting already used and not rtf, this all works well using version 4 in Details table.

Now a verse for mysword is formatted like this: <a href="#b20.8.29">Proverbs 8:29</a>

In e-sword this is seen as a normal hyperlink and not as a verse x-ref tooltip, how should this code be altered to become a functional x-ref tooltip?

Thanks.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:20 PM

Hi,

I want to convert a mysword module to an e-sword module while using the html formatting already used and not rtf, this all works well using version 4 in Details table.

Now a verse for mysword is formatted like this: <a href="#b20.8.29">Proverbs 8:29</a>

In e-sword this is seen as a normal hyperlink and not as a verse x-ref tooltip, how should this code be altered to become a functional x-ref tooltip?

Thanks.

Hi Alan,
What you have for MySword is already available for e-Sword on this site. Moreover when it comes to converting rtf coded resources to HTML is extremely simple and straight forward when using the conversion tool provided by Rick Meyers. Fact is the average time to convert a Bible rtf to HTML takes approximately 3 or 5 minutes (depending on the amount of RAM one has).

That said, if you have software development/programming skills, allow me to suggest for you design and write your own converter to do the job. If you need help with that, ask Rick Meyers for the source code of the converter he had written to give you an idea of how you can go about doing it for MySword to e-Sword.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users