Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Insert e-Sword Scriptures into Word Macro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 garyworth

garyworth

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:38 PM

I have mentioned a macro that I have developed on the forum previously. You may see some previous discussion if you search. At that time, I had some interest from some members and they requested the macro which wasn't ready then. I have now made it available to anyone. It will only work on a Windows PC. You will have top place the e-SwordMacros.dotm file into your Windows.STARTUP directory and then the macros will be available in Word. You must have all four e-Sword Word macros as supplied by Rick Meyers installed before installing my macros.

After installing you can set up run icons on the QAT ribbon or set up keyboard shortcuts to run InsertScripture.

I personally modify the Ribbon in word and insert new commands in the Insert tab. It looks cool that way!

I have supplied the macros and there are a few! I have also supplied the Custom Ribbon import file if you would like to try it.

I hope you can understand this! I am sure there are better ways to install these macros but I haven't got the tech skills.

Anyway, give it a try if you like and please give me some comments. I personally find the macro so useful. It does a lot of useful things which I have previously posted.

Have fun

Gary

#2 TriniT

TriniT

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:08 AM

Hello. Where can I find the download? Thanks

#3 tommieemma

tommieemma

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIrelland

Posted 02 April 2021 - 12:17 AM

I also would be interested to download macros.  How do I do it.? 

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 03:03 PM

I also would be interested to download macros.  How do I do it.? 

The Macros can be downloaded from the official e-Sword website:

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

#5 TriniT

TriniT

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 05:40 AM

Hi.  Not the e-sword macros but the ones referred to by "garyworth' that he mentions above and in a previous post that appears to have more functionality.  

#6 IngoBreuer

IngoBreuer

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationZülpich, Germany

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:00 PM

I cannot get these macros to run. I downloaded them, but there is no way to get them opened in Word. How would you insert the Bible verses in Word??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users