Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

A friend has an apple computer and wants to get the e-sword program for it!

4 replies to this topic

#1 vanschoonhoven

vanschoonhoven

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:18 PM

I am wondering does the e-sword for apple take the same modules as the normal E-Sword for windows does?  Or are they different and if they are different are there many resources for Apple?  Also if they are different where do you find them!

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:12 AM

You need to convert the old modules that end with a x (bblx, dctx cmtx topx refx mapx) to Apple modules. Those modules ends on an i (bbli, dcti cmti  refi mapi).

Use the Apple converter

https://e-sword.net/extras.html

The Apple converter makes a new module and you don't need the old module.

All new editions of e-Sword supporting more the Apple version then the old RTF based modules. So I recommend to use Apple modules for e-Sword 12.2 .

But the main difference between the old modules and the new apple modules are the parameters. Apple module are version 4 while the old modules are version 2. (But I don't expect that you edit modules as I do).

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 03:52 AM

email from the developer.
Jon,
There is not an Apple equivalent, i.e. no MAPI file format, thus no need to convert the MAPX files.
In His service,
Rick Meyers

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 10:53 AM

I am wondering does the e-sword for apple take the same modules as the normal E-Sword for windows does?  Or are they different and if they are different are there many resources for Apple?  Also if they are different where do you find them!

As has been said above the Apple/Mac versions use different module file formats and yes there are Apple resources available on this site. 

Your friend can also run the Windows version of e-Sword on an Apple/Mac computer by using an emulator such as Crossover Mac 

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 12 February 2021 - 03:53 PM

As has been said above the Apple/Mac versions use different module file formats and yes there are Apple resources available on this site. 

Your friend can also run the Windows version of e-Sword on an Apple/Mac computer by using an emulator such as Crossover Mac 

Mr Higgins,

When calling a product, such as Crossover, an emulator, you seriously put yourself in hot water. And here is why...

From Crossover:

CrossOver Mac®

Do you like buying Windows® licenses? You do? Great. You do you. For the rest of humanity, CrossOver is the easiest way to run many Microsoft applications on your Mac without a clunky Windows emulator. (Seriously, have you tried emulators? Do you like how they run on your Mac?) CrossOver works differently. It's not an emulator. It does the work of translating Windows commands into Mac commands so that you can run Windows software as if it were designed native to Mac.

What is shown here is radically different to what an emulator does. Essentially what Crossover does, is it communicates with the host operating system to allow a program which is foreign to it, and would not normally recognize it, to run on it by "translating Windows commands into Mac commands so that you can run Windows software as if it were designed native to Mac," of which then Mac thinks, "ahhh, yep that program is part of my system." In other words, CrossOver makes Mac think that the exe extension is an osx extension. As where emulators just doesn't do that. Fact is all what emulators do is emulates a foreign system on the host system in order to run its programs. No communication takes place, and as such nothing is translated to the host system to run.

Trust you find this information helpful to you and anyone else who may benefit from it.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 12 February 2021 - 04:18 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users