Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Can i create my own resources or modules to use within eSword?

Whole Bible Pentateuch (Gen-Deu) Apocrypha Arminian Comparative Religion Eschatalogy (Endtimes)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hsappleton

hsappleton

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:14 PM

I understand the importance of textual criticism in my Bible study. Therefore I like to use the "compare" and "parallels" features of Esword in study. Sadly eSword is lacking in the kind of resources i am looking for to make comparisons. For example i want to do a study of the Apocrypha from different sources and compare them. Of course there are lots of these resources freely on the internet. There are no shortages of PDF or text files on the internet. 

Can someone refer me how to start. I suspect there may be some programming involved but i am willing to go that route. What are the essential steps to get this going?

Thanks in advance 

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:08 PM

I understand the importance of textual criticism in my Bible study. Therefore I like to use the "compare" and "parallels" features of Esword in study. Sadly eSword is lacking in the kind of resources i am looking for to make comparisons. For example i want to do a study of the Apocrypha from different sources and compare them. Of course there are lots of these resources freely on the internet. There are no shortages of PDF or text files on the internet. 

Can someone refer me how to start. I suspect there may be some programming involved but i am willing to go that route. What are the essential steps to get this going?

Thanks in advance 

There is no programming involved in the creation of modules for use with e-Sword.

An e-Sword user was nice enough to create a word processor/editor for the creation of e-Sword modules, this piece of software is called e-Sword Tooltip NT and is quite easy to use. 

e-Sword Tooltip NT comes with a very comprehensive users manual that explains how to create all of the different types of modules for use with e-Sword. 

So the first thing you need to due is download Tooltip NT from this link:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

Once you have downloaded and installed e-Sword Tooltip, the next thing to do is open the program for the first time. Once the program's main window is open, you will see a menu across the top of the window. The menu item farthest to the right is labeled "Help" click this to open the Help drop down menu and the from the help menu select the last item labeled Tooltip NT-2.10.pdf. This will open the Tooltip users manual which is in pdf form. 

The user manual is 123 pages long and contains easy to follow step by step instructions for creating modules for e-Sword use.  It is highly advisable to read the user manual before starting your first module.  

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:25 PM

I understand the importance of textual criticism in my Bible study. Therefore I like to use the "compare" and "parallels" features of Esword in study. Sadly eSword is lacking in the kind of resources i am looking for to make comparisons.

I don't know how long you have been using e-Sword for. So, just to be on the safe side, I'll assume that you are a newbie to the program.

For Compare: See e-Sword User Guide Page 15

For Parallel: See e-Sword User Guide, Page 16

For anything else of what you don't know about e-Sword, the User Guide is really a good tool to help you to get to know the program. To access the User Guide, either click on Contents in the Help Menu, or press the F1 key.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 09 February 2021 - 02:25 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users