Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Auto Spell Checker

8 replies to this topic

#1 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 10:52 AM

Hi,

Is there an auto spell checker module we can get that will check spelling as you type; say in study notes, journal, topics? I would like an auto checker if there is one.

Thanks

and God Bless you.

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 11:21 AM

Hi,

Is there an auto spell checker module we can get that will check spelling as you type; say in study notes, journal, topics? I would like an auto checker if there is one.

Thanks

and God Bless you.

Each of the editors has a spell check button located on the first row of buttons across the top of each editors window. The button as the letters abc and a blue check mark. Clicking this button will open the spell check

#3 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 02:36 PM

Thank you. I was aware of that. I am assuming there is not auto spell checker that will catch bad spelling on the fly while typing. Most modern day programs and browsers have this feature. I was hoping E-sword would too.

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:15 PM

I am assuming there is not auto spell checker that will catch bad spelling on the fly while typing.

That is not an assumption, but a fact.

My theory is that Rick believes that the onus to ensure incorrectly spelled words is on the user, and he or she should do the checking. And that we should not be lazy and have the expectation of others to do it for us. :D Just kidding about that.

With respect to the note editors, they are not fully blown text editors and/or word processors. e-Sword editors could be compared to and are on par with Microsoft's RTF editor, WordPad (of which it doesn't have a spell check function at all).

That said, I tend to agree with you that the editors could be improved with an automated spell checker (plus a few other things as well). However, the note editors are just that, Note editors, and are primarily designed just for that... to take notes. And as much as that is true, I do have a tendency to think that even as "note" editors go, there is a heap of room for improvement.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 19 December 2020 - 07:15 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:10 AM

It is rather a small extra word list for words(custom.dic) used in commentaries and bible dictionaries.

Many of those words are not listed in the default.dic of Windows.(en-GB and en-US)

And auto spelling is bad if you not know what kind of English you use.

Many of dictionaries and commentaries are linked with translations like the KJV, RV and ASV.

So with many archaic st and th verb endings and many Old Testament names.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#6 marthasimons

marthasimons

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:50 AM

A spell checker would come in handy because it is difficult to use an editor that does not underline incorrectly spelled word after you've been using the ones that do for a while. Perhaps, I did get lazy and want a machine to do the dirty work. 

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John white.png

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:24 AM

Try tinySpell, from website: www.tinyspell.com [off site]. I find this useful. 

#8 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:28 AM

There is a writeup for tinySpell at How to Enable Spell Checker in WordPad on Windows 10 | iWinGeek = https://www.iwingeek...on-windows-10/ 

#9 jonathan34

jonathan34

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:57 AM

Microsoft Word is a powerful word processor used in offices and homes everywhere. One of its most important features is its spelling and grammar-checking tool, which saves many documents from embarrassing mistakes. While this function works well most of the time, sometimes it can appear to stop operating. Some simple troubleshooting steps will likely get Word's spelling and grammar-checking tool back up and running quickly.

You can go to this Spell Check Not Working in Word guide on techniedges website and fix the issue.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users