Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#361 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hi Patchworkid

I contacted Rick and he has just answered that Bibles will now have special unicode support. If I got it right, when a character is not present in your default font, it will display it using the best font available. I have seen Microsoft Word does something similar.

I correct myself. The system does not choose the font it thinks better: you can choose what font to use. There's a new Unicode field in the Details table, where you can specify the name of the font. Also, the language has to be set to "Unicode" instead of "Default" or "Hebrew" or whatever.

So the font is hard-coded in the module, not in every verse.

Rick sent me a sample file and it works great.

He's having a lot of patience with me and fixing all the issues I've come across.

Carlos

#362 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

hi so what about putting pictures in commentaries and dictionaries

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#363 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

So Josh, I take it the E-Sword 10 manual will be released soon?

The e-Sword 10.0.5 guide is complete: http://www.biblesupp...uide-pdf-v1005/

Let me know of any issues you find or feedback you have. Rick is talking about including it with the basic setup to help e-Sword users and also give our user group more support. I believe 10.0.5 final release should be out today if everything goes according to schedule.

Edit: Just got word the manual will be tied to the F1 key in 10.0.5 final!

Attached File  bookmarks.png   130.69K   6 downloads

Edited by Josh Bond, 11 November 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#364 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

Hi Josh,

Great job on the e-Sword Guide, it's looking very, very good. And, wow! e-Sword will finally be using the F1 key again, that is just awesome.

Now, if you don't mind, here are a few suggestions.

In Chapter 4 Highlighting, there is this WARNING: Highlighting text in one Bible translation does not highlight the text in any other Bible translation!
What could be added is if you have renamed a tab, previously highlighted text will no longer be highlighted.

In Chapter 20 The Graphics Viewer, this could be added
You can use the menu>Edit>Copy or Ctrl+C to copy the Graphics or text and paste into the Editors or anywhere else.

Also the ability to navigate the text in most windows using the keyboard buttons Home Pg Up Pg Dn End buttons

Could you also have the option to download a zipped version of the pdf

Thanks

Dyan

Edited by dyan, 11 November 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#365 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

Good ideas, Dyan. I don't think we have time to get those into the manual that Rick is putting in his setup. But I will add them asap.

I'm making some configuration changes to the website and server, bracing for a lot of traffic. Rick's going to build a menu option into e-Sword that links to BibleSupport.com!

He was concerned about bandwidth and just the sheer strain on the website and server. So I'm changing the way the stats on the front page and elsewhere are rendered. I'm caching the stats so they are delayed 30 seconds on the live feeds (last 10 downloads, download comments, latest uploads, etc). and a few hours on the Top Downloads of the week/month calculations, top 500 downloads, etc. That way, the database doesn't have to answer multiple queries on every single website visitor. Usually, it's the database on a community website that will fail during extremely high traffic loads.

#366 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

I want to thank all of you for your testing of version 10, especially the many helpful comments and suggestions. I believe that together we are releasing the best version of e-Sword yet! And of course a special shout-out to Josh Bond for the user manual which will finally make e-Sword's Help menu helpful.

Rick Meyers

#367 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Thank You Rick for your work (e-Sword)

and

Thank You Josh for a great manual

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#368 Michael Arnold

Michael Arnold

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationRed Boiling Springs, Tennessee

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

Hello e-Sword Addict, thanks for the welcome and the help.

#369 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

Thank You Rick for your work (e-Sword)

and

Thank You Josh for a great manual

I second these thoughts. Both are great!

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#370 jtinsley

jtinsley

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

Josh,
My Net Commentary was very slow. I followed your instructions using SQLite browser and it totally fixed the problem. No more slow Net Commentary!!!

Thanks so much!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users