Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#331 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

It appears that the RTF headers in the Notes are handled differently than the Commentary files in v10, creating a NOTX includes an RTF header, the CMTX supplies its own header.

I agree this would be helpful - but Josh told me that there is a reason Rick decided to treat the RTF differently. I don't know what that reason is but, it is what it is.

thanks
Clint

What you're really getting at is: you can't have multiple RTF headers in the same database record. And that also means you cannot have overlapping verses IF your verse records each have their own RTF header. Because if you do, that's the same as putting multiple RTF headers in the same record, since e-Sword combines overlapping verse comments into the edit control for display. You used to be able to "get away" with it because of the lax enforcement of the RTF standard by the old edit control. The newer edit control enforces the proper RTF syntax a little better.

#332 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

overlapping notes and multiple verses in a single note are two different things. Currently, Notes are specific for a single verse. You can not have a one note that covers multiple verses, unless of course, you make multiple entries. Once you allow multiple verses for a single note, you can then have overlapping notes. Commentaries allow a note to cover multiple verses. Commentaries also allow overlapping notes. Commentaries also have book and chapter notes. My request is just to have a note span multiple verses.

#333 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

overlapping notes and multiple verses in a single note are two different things.

Right, I don't think anyone differs with you there. The issue Clint is having is he wants each commentary record to have its own RTF header (which is now possible) but when he has overlapping verses, he gets multiple RTF headers in the same edit control (doesn't work well). The only option is to remove the RTF headers, which I believe is the proper technical solution.

Now your issue is totally different--you want study notes to cover more than one verse. That's a good idea, in my view. If Rick allowed a study note to span multiple verses, it would make Study Notes more useful. But it wouldn't help Clint any, though. Clint would have the same issue with study notes as he does with commentaries. Overlapping study notes with each comment having its own RTF header would produce the same point of failure as it does with overlapping commentaries.

#334 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

Here's your e-Sword tip of the day:

IF your mouse has a wheel, you can press the CTRL key and scroll the wheel forward or backward in almost any text view in e-Sword. This zooms the text incrementally as small or as large as you want. While the Zoom icon allows for 2 pre-selected zooms, the CTRL-Mouse Wheel method lets you choose exactly how large the text will be. And notice the text is enlarged and re-flowed--you don't have to use the horizontal scroll bar to view the rest of the text.

The zoom to a near infinite degree is useful for people with vision issues who may want larger text than the Zoom icon affords.

The zoom out to a birds eye view in the Topics Editor (but with the text still editable) is great for module makers needing to change pages quickly while making edits.

Attached File  big_bible.png   55.39K   24 downloads
Attached File  smaller_view_editable.png   76.3K   28 downloads

#335 Le Vieux

Le Vieux

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

So far, so good. After a couple of days, I'm getting to grips with 10.0.4 and I like what I see.

The Audio feature has brought tantalisingly close something that I've wanted for some time:

I have a large number of MP3 files on a range of Biblical subjects. It would be great to have these available within e-sword since many are expositions on specific books. Is there any way to add files to the existing audio player feature?

Alternatively, is there any way to add my files as references or topics - similar to the KJV audio Bible?

#336 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

hi you can make cmt to audio bible http://www.biblesupp...__fromsearch__1

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#337 Le Vieux

Le Vieux

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Thanks Niobi

I've tried doing what you list in the link, but without success. Perhaps you could e-mail me with an idiot-proof, step-by-step approach?

#338 anthembiker

anthembiker

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

I think the reference library is a great thing. Having everthing in one place is just what I was looking for.
Is there a way to the step library to the reference library as the reference library works much better?

Anthembiker

#339 God's Prayer Warrior

God's Prayer Warrior

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

Josh and others

I have checked the eSword directory properties, as well as the modules' properties, and they all show their respective Permissions as "Everyone".
I've even tried opening the eSword program by right-clicking on the application icon and selecting "Run as adminstrator", but that doesn't help either.

I think that if this issue cannot be resolved, I should delete the whole lot from my system and download eSword from scratch. That way I can get not only the latest upgrade version 10.0.03, but also the most recent modules.
What you say about that brilliant idea? Haha!

Let me know please.
Take care and God bless!
Mark
The Lord bless you and keep you!

#340 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Anthembiker,

Searching .topx/.refx and STEP at the same time would be like trying to view .dctx and .cmtx in the same window. eS10 just doesn't let that happen.

Like you, I love the Refviewer upgrade. Like you, I'd like to see the ability to search my entire STEP library in the same fashion. That may be difficult, because all of my STEP books are divided into so many different folders. But we'll see.

I would also like to see the STEP button back on the tool bar - right next to the Refviewer button, where it belongs.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users