Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#231 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

I just installed 10.0.3. It wiped out my macros again <sigh> and a reinstall didn't fix them.

But worse yet it no longer recognizes some of my commentaries (ones I got here) and at least one dictionary...the invaluable Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew Lexicon Thayer's Greek Definitions, and the Strong's King James Concordance with TVM. all in one dictionary. It also no longer reads several of my topx files (most notably the Ante Nicene fathers series.
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#232 chuckgrantham

chuckgrantham

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

It's a strange thing.  10.0.3 on my Win7 machine anda new install doesn't display text in these commentaries:

Cambridge NT
F.B. Hole
Gaebelin
Gnomon
Guzik
Ironside
Hodge
ICCNT
Kelly
Dunagan
Poole
Morgan
Pulpit
ExpGNT
Alford GNT

But my BDB and Ante-Nicene Fathers, for example, work fine.

Strange. (And annoying, of course)

#233 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

**QC ISSUE**

10.0.3 wiped out several user made modules. Examples (but not limited to):

commentaries: alford, cambridgent, csmith, Nicoll's expositors, f.b.hole, gaebelin, gnomon, guzik, etc.
dictionaries: ahlb, bdbtskjctvm, TOJC,

Dave

NOTE: it appears all official resources are working, and some third party resources are working

SECOND NOTE: I reinstalled 10.0.2 over the top of 10.0.3, and those resources are working again.

Edited by DoctorDaveT, 02 November 2011 - 12:11 PM.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#234 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

**QC ISSUE**

10.0.3 wiped out several user made modules. Examples (but not limited to):

commentaries: alford, cambridgent, csmith, Nicoll's expositors, f.b.hole, gaebelin, gnomon, guzik, etc.
dictionaries: ahlb, bdbtskjctvm, TOJC,

Dave

NOTE: it appears all official resources are working, and some third party resources are working

SECOND NOTE: I reinstalled 10.0.2 over the top of 10.0.3, and those resources are working again.

It's a strange thing. 10.0.3 on my Win7 machine anda new install doesn't display text in these commentaries:

Cambridge NT
F.B. Hole
Gaebelin
Gnomon
Guzik
Ironside
Hodge
ICCNT
Kelly
Dunagan
Poole
Morgan
Pulpit
ExpGNT
Alford GNT

But my BDB and Ante-Nicene Fathers, for example, work fine.

Strange. (And annoying, of course)

But worse yet it no longer recognizes some of my commentaries (ones I got here) and at least one dictionary...the invaluable Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew Lexicon Thayer's Greek Definitions, and the Strong's King James Concordance with TVM. all in one dictionary. It also no longer reads several of my topx files (most notably the Ante Nicene fathers series.

Confirmed and reported. It's the changes made to the rich edit control, I suspect.

Edit: Just to be clear, e-Sword recognizes the resources and even indicates a comment for the verse is available with the (i) icon but no text is visible.

Edited by Josh Bond, 02 November 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#235 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

in some of the resources, it did not even show the bluei

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#236 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Posting this on behalf of someone who doesn't want to "complain" but wants their viewpoint heard regarding their large library. I personally don't think the proper technical answer is folder categorization--I think the long-term answer is for the Reference Library to eventually support labels or categories.

Josh,

I sort .topx files with multiple folders. Something like this (my "root" directory is "...Documents\e-Sword"):

...\Gospels_Acts
...\Pauline_Epistles
...\General_Epistles_Revelation
...\Eschatology
...\Biographies
...\Arthur_Pink
...etc...

My filing system has been personalized due to the fact I have a huge library. I like my filing system and don't want to change it. Since the eSword Reference Library now recognizes only one folder option for all of those files, I am going to have 2,500+ resources in one unwieldly folder. I don't like it.

#237 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

I personally don't think the proper technical answer is folder categorization--I think the answer is for the Reference Library to eventually support labels or categories.

Does Windows not suffer from inode issues when there are too many files in a directory?

jonathon

#238 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

• Install the program on a class 1 type 1 USB drive;
  • Be sure to have skipped at least two, and preferably three or four version number upgrades of e-Sword;
  • Have at least ten thousand resources in your resource directory;
  • Install AV software that checks each byte that is read, and each byte that is written to each drive;
  • Install a firewall that checks each write to the hard drive;
  • Use Intel chips;
  • Use Win98 SE;
  • Have less than 256 MB RAM installed;
  • Make sure that at least 16 MB RAM is flaky;
  • Ensure that the hard drive fragmentation exceeds 50%;
  • Ensure that less than 5% of the hard drive is empty;
  • Ensure that less than 2% of the space of at least one partition is free;
  • Use a 60 GB hard drive, that has two 30 GB partitions on it;
  • Watch a video on the computer, whilst waiting for e-Sword to start;
  • Do the upgrade on Patch Tuesday, having skipped the upgrades offered from the four or five previous Patch Tuesday updates;
  • Include a number of resources that almost, but don't quite, adhere to e-Sword Resource Specification 2;

Jonathan's recipe for blowing up computers, or instructions on how to use e-Sword as a computer detonator. :lol:

I love it! :ph34r:

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21)
X (formerly Twitter)

#239 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Does Windows not suffer from inode issues when there are too many files in a directory?

jonathon

I think the maximum for a fat32 system is 65,000ish and for NTFS it's 4 billion. This chart illustrates it nicely.

#240 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

I'm not sure about this, but is it possible that the commentaries not showing up in e-Sword 10.0.3 have images embedded in the rtf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users