Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#11 cbb1962

cbb1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

This is a not so much a bug as an inconsistent implementation of the "Zoom" feature. This has been there for a while.

In the Bibles, Editors, Dictionaries, Commentaries, and the Reference Library the "Zoom" feature works as expected. The text doubles in size and the margins remain constant. i.e. the width of the window stays the same.

In the Gospel Harmonies and the Parallel Bible the Zoom feature increases the size of the font and the column size as well, creating a scroll bar at the bottom of the window/pane.

In order to keep the column width consistent I must manually double the font size, so that the Gospel Harmony and Parallel bibles appear with a larger font without the scroll bar at the bottom.

We use e-Sword on an HDTV and it is really easy to hit the "zoom" feature so it can be read across the room easily. This inconsistency makes the Gospel Harmony files a pain to use with the "zoom" feature turned on...

Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?

Thanks,
Clint

#12 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

A .topx that has chapters labeled as 01, 02, 03, 04 etc... display properly in the editor pane but will be out of order in the Reference Library viewer. It will display 02, 04, 01, 03... The other interesting thing is that all resources aren't scrambled. It almost appears to be table order not sorted by "Chapter"

Convert the resource to a refx file by pressing Ctrl and right clicking in the Topics Window. Then choose Convert to Reference Book. This will resort the database and your numbered content will be in the right order.

Edit: this will not be necessary in the future, the next release of e-Sword 10 will not sort topics by database order. It will sort alphabetically (the same as now).

Edited by Josh Bond, 28 October 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#13 cbb1962

cbb1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

@josh "The functionality is intended. This way the display order can be changed without using digits, spaces, etc."

It appears to rely on the table order...

So how do you change it?

It appears that converting a .topx to a .refx file fixes the ordering problem, but shouldn't the .topx files display in the same order as in the Editor pane when viewed in the Reference library? ;-)

Clint

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

hi
how do I open topics in the topic section? do I need to put the topics in the C: never mind it is in the C: drive

what belongs in the C:drive and My Documents -> e-Sword folder?

Thanks

You should not open topics in the Topics Window. That's what the Reference Library is for.

To control where the Reference Library looks for files, click Resource > Options. Then change the file path, as shown in the screen below. But doing this also changes where e-Sword looks for Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, and so forth.
Attached File  ref-library-path.jpg   178.79K   23 downloads

#15 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

@josh "The functionality is intended. This way the display order can be changed without using digits, spaces, etc."

It appears to rely on the table order...

So how do you change it?

It appears that converting a .topx to a .refx file fixes the ordering problem, but shouldn't the .topx files display in the same order as in the Editor pane when viewed in the Reference library? ;-)

Clint

Convert the resource to a .refx file by pressing Ctrl and right clicking in the Topics Window. Then choose Convert to Reference Book. This will re-sort the database and your numbered content will be in the right order, as you noted.

If I were coding this, I would probably change the Topics sort to match the Reference Library sort. We'll see where Rick goes with it. I like the Reference Library idea of sorting by database order because it makes the display of resources cleaner and their construction easier.

Edited by Josh Bond, 28 October 2011 - 05:05 PM.
Answer second part

#16 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

Will Version 10.0.1 over write Version 9 or will it act as a separate stand alone.

It will overwrite the executable file and changes your e-Sword registry data to version 10. So as far as I know, you cannot run e-Sword 9 and 10 at the same time. Having seen the Reference Library in eSword 10, I personally would not return to 9. :)

#17 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

It will overwrite the executable file and changes your e-Sword registry data to version 10. So as far as I know, you cannot run e-Sword 9 and 10 at the same time. Having seen the Reference Library in eSword 10, I personally would not return to 9. :)

Thanks,
Scribe

#18 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

Hello Josh,
Are embedded pictures also supported now in cmtx files, or just refx files? I am working on a mapx for the Bridgeway Bible Commentary and I do not want to continue if I will be able to embed the pictures in the commentary.
Thanks,
Peter

#19 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hi,

Does topics only open in C:Program files - e-Sword folder?
In v9 you can open topics in My Documents - e-Sword folder and you can put them on your usb stick so it can be portable. will v10 be like this?
What belongs in C: drive or my documents
How many Gigs does v10 handle without getting slow or crashing?
Making modules - is it the same or different? I know that Topics can add pictures and what other files (Cmt, Dict, etc)?

Thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#20 cbb1962

cbb1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

@peter I was thinking the same thing. A commentary file that could contain graphics would be great! also utilizing the audio player in a commentary would be really cool!

The built in Audio Player looks awesome! The first e-Sword project I ever did was creating a KJV Audio commentary, back around version 8.

Will there be a way to point to other Audio resources other than SermonAudio.com "Enjoy our library of 467,857 free sermons from conservative churches worldwide." I thought e-Sword wasn't going to push any particular doctrinal stance. Has this changed?

Thanks
Clint

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users