Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Reinstall e-Sword

2 replies to this topic

#1 georgeisit

georgeisit

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:23 AM

iPad: The longer I use e-sword (15 years now) the more functionality it loses. It has gotten to the point that it is no longer usable without closing the application and opening it several times over a one hour period and even then much of its functionality doesn't work. 

Question: Is there a way to reload/reinstall e-sword? and if there is, will it retain all the information that I have put into it?

Please note: I am talking about an iPad e-sword application, not a computer.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 kiwi

kiwi

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:52 AM

On desktops, the described behaviour occurs when there are too many resources, for the amount of available RAM.

I'd guess that the same phenomena occurs with the iPad.

Reduce the number of active resources to 500.

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 December 2020 - 10:07 AM

iPad: The longer I use e-sword (15 years now) the more functionality it loses. It has gotten to the point that it is no longer usable without closing the application and opening it several times over a one hour period and even then much of its functionality doesn't work. 

Question: Is there a way to reload/reinstall e-sword? and if there is, will it retain all the information that I have put into it?

Please note: I am talking about an iPad e-sword application, not a computer.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

You can re-download e-Sword, and it will load over your existing application. See details from Rick Meyer at e-Sword: Free Bible Study for the PC | Downloads (e-sword.net) 

Suggestion: Take notice of the folders where the e-Sword files are stored for file type bookmarks.lstx; journal.jnlx; study.notx; and topic.topx, which you will want to place in the folder, shown in e-Sword, in the option: "Options"; "Resource settings". Then for either Bibles; Commentaries; Dictionaries; Devotions; Graphics; and Reference Books, please look for the destination folder shown in the "Resources Location" window; and look in the destination folder shown in the "User Files Location" window. To be able to edit the files, you need these files to be in the User Files Location, such as in the c:\users\user\documents\e-sword\ folder. Otherwise if they are in the "Resources Location," then view the content on one of the other e-Sword screens, or through the Reference Library window. 
You can are in charge of using e-Sword, and have the option to deselect any of these filenames, without deleting them from the hard-drive, if you do not need to load them all, into memory, at the same time.
The mentioned file types are those used for Microsoft - the Apple Mac has other filename extensions.

From inside e-Sword, the "Tools" option gives access to the Bible Reading; Daily Devotions; Prayer Requests; Scripture Memory, Graphics Viewer; Reference Library; SermonAudio.com; and STEP Reader.
Read the e-sword_guide.pdf, which is available in e-sword, when it is running, on option F1, which is the usual "help" option in Microsoft applications.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users