Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Esword X for Mac

6 replies to this topic

#1 drwadetb

drwadetb

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNixa, Missouri 65714

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:39 PM

Will Bible Support ever offer any Modules for Esword X on Mackbook?  I have downloaded most of the Modules offered but I do not have a way to convert the exe. modules. Please help us Mac users out here.

Dr. Wade Bridges

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:53 PM

Will Bible Support ever offer any Modules for Esword X on Mackbook?  I have downloaded most of the Modules offered but I do not have a way to convert the exe. modules. Please help us Mac users out here.

Dr. Wade Bridges

Exe files are self installing modules used with the Windows version of e-Sword, Windows users run the EXE files to install a particular module into e-Sword. 

You can install a program called Crossover Mac from Code Weavers that will allow you to run Windows software on your MAC. This will allow you to run exe files on your MAC 

With Crossover MAC installed you can download and run the e-Sword converter from e-Sword.net and convert all modules for the Windows version of e-Sword to Apple/Mac format 

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:40 PM

Exe files are self installing modules used with the Windows version of e-Sword, Windows users run the EXE files to install a particular module into e-Sword. 

You can install a program called Crossover Mac from Code Weavers that will allow you to run Windows software on your MAC. This will allow you to run exe files on your MAC 

With Crossover MAC installed you can download and run the e-Sword converter from e-Sword.net and convert all modules for the Windows version of e-Sword to Apple/Mac format

Wrong kind of Answer.

Dr. Wade Bridges

Here's the answer...

All resources that has an "i" (e.g., bbli) at the end of the file extension will work any edition of e-Sword for any Apple device. So, of whatever e-Sword resources you currently have for your iPhone and/or iPad will work on your Mac Book or PC.

With that said when it comes to downloading resources for e-Sword on whatever Apple device you have, you're gonna have to sniff them out. If there isn't a resource available on this site for your device but is available for the Windows edition of e-Sword, just post it up on here, giving the title of the resource, and if not me, then someone else will probably convert it for you, and plonk it up on here.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 November 2020 - 07:47 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 11:47 AM

Wrong kind of Answer.

Here's the answer...

All resources that has an "i" (e.g., bbli) at the end of the file extension will work any edition of e-Sword for any Apple device. So, of whatever e-Sword resources you currently have for your iPhone and/or iPad will work on your Mac Book or PC.

With that said when it comes to downloading resources for e-Sword on whatever Apple device you have, you're gonna have to sniff them out. If there isn't a resource available on this site for your device but is available for the Windows edition of e-Sword, just post it up on here, giving the title of the resource, and if not me, then someone else will probably convert it for you, and plonk it up on here.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

The original poster, specifically asked about .exe files downloaded from Bible Support which is what I was responding to with my answer

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 02:19 PM

The original poster, specifically asked about .exe files downloaded from Bible Support which is what I was responding to with my answer

Hi Higgs,
Although this was part of the question, yet the main crux of the question was particularly about resources for e-Sword X, or rather the lack of them.

That said, my bad was I didn't address the exe part of the question, which I should have done. So I guess I better do it now.

@ Wade Bridges

I have downloaded most of the Modules offered but I do not have a way to convert the exe. modules.

With respect to the exe files, they are installer files for installing resources mostly for the Windows version of e-Sword, and these resources are not compatible for macOS and iOS versions of e-Sword. However, If you find a resource that you wish to have for e-Sword X, but it's not compatible for it, make a request for it to be converted. I am quite certain that someone will do this for you, and either upload it on here or will email to to you as an attachment.

Again, trust that the above information may prove to be helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 29 November 2020 - 02:24 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 cvquesty

cvquesty

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:14 AM

It's a bummer and has been for years. Instead of changing the module platform across ALL supported OSes (especially for those of us who have paid for the product), the answer is "pay even more money and download something else, littering your system will all sorts of non-platform artifacts you wouldn't have otherwise downloaded, and pay double the cost for the privilege.  This process needs an overhaul.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 05:32 AM

It's a bummer and has been for years. Instead of changing the module platform across ALL supported OSes (especially for those of us who have paid for the product), the answer is "pay even more money and download something else, littering your system will all sorts of non-platform artifacts you wouldn't have otherwise downloaded, and pay double the cost for the privilege.  This process needs an overhaul.

I quite agree. If Open Office, LibreOffice, and others can create their software to run different platforms and yet not to have a particular file format to suite the different platforms, I can't see why it couldn't happen with e-Sword resources.

I think its a real shambles in the way it is at the moment. Frustrating for both Apple users and Windows users.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 05 December 2020 - 05:33 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users