Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#501 solmnjms1

solmnjms1

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

[This post was previously posted in another thread, yet this one may be more appropriate.]

"KJV Cambridge Paragraph Bible"

https://ebible.org/f...engkjvcpb&all=1

[Sword, USFX, BibleWorks, and various other formats]

I've used Simple Bible Reader 3.0 to convert it (Sword format) to theWord's format; which worked fine, except that there are then no more italics and forget the paragraphing.

The same process to .bblx resulted in zero italics again, and even added an extra space on either side of the supposed to be italicized word.

The author told me to simply use a Sword project program... yet after using e-Sword and theWord, I can't ever go back!

Examples

Even though e-Sword's paragraph formatting is not present (I might be wrong on this?), this edition of the KJV would be very much useful and informative regarding KJV history as well as those who strive for KJV Text accuracy.

The addition of more italicized word changes by Scrivener:

Romans 8:1 [KJV] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:1 [CPB] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Also, some >ahem< interesting outright changes to the KJV Text itself by Scrivener, such as the infamous Hebrews verse:

Hebrews 10:23 [KJV] Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Hebrews 10:23 [CPB] Let us hold fast the profession of our hope without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

#502 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 12:10 AM

[This post was previously posted in another thread, yet this one may be more appropriate.]

"KJV Cambridge Paragraph Bible"

https://ebible.org/f...engkjvcpb&all=1

[Sword, USFX, BibleWorks, and various other formats]

I've used Simple Bible Reader 3.0 to convert it (Sword format) to theWord's format; which worked fine, except that there are then no more italics and forget the paragraphing.

The same process to .bblx resulted in zero italics again, and even added an extra space on either side of the supposed to be italicized word.

The author told me to simply use a Sword project program... yet after using e-Sword and theWord, I can't ever go back!

I see that some editions lacking italics in the beginning.

"Replace all" the italics tags by [ ]  and use ¶ or £ for the paragraph tag and $ for the line-break tags before you use Bible Reader 3.0

I can help you to convert it back once you have a BBLX or BBLI.

Or with text in "verse for line" format with those tags for italics, line-breaks, paragraphs

I want to help because I can use the information of the differences for my translation.

The Sword source is encoded: so than you post the plain text version of it?

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#503 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:14 AM

Examples

Even though e-Sword's paragraph formatting is not present (I might be wrong on this?), this edition of the KJV would be very much useful and informative regarding KJV history as well as those who strive for KJV Text accuracy.

It is possible to enter many verses in "paragraph formatting" but then is it harder to compare in Compare and Parallel  mode. (But that is not what I want)

A paragraph is a line-break on the end of a verse as in Psa 24:6-7

This is the format for e-Sword that I like based on engkjvcpb_all.pdf

Psa 24:5-8 in KJVpb

Psa 24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Psa 24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him,
That seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates;
And be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors;
And the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
The LORD mighty in battle.

#504 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 03:38 AM

I made a file that would be ok for a basic compare with theWord's KJV (stripped of all but <FI> tags) if that would help you I can email to you.

#505 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 07:11 AM

Here is the KJV_Cambridge_Paragraph_Bible_1873_beta.

Based on the source of JPG except the preface.

For e-Sword 10-13 and Apple and Mac. (The hardest part were the Hebrew letters in Psalms and Proverbs 31).

To solmnjms1 you can upload it under your name in this site if you like.

I do not do it because of my "Conflict of interest" for my own translation.

Edit: The module is updated elsewhere.

Edited by Katoog, 05 October 2021 - 12:45 AM.

#506 Miltbeall

Miltbeall

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:29 PM

Hi All.

I have been trying to find a audio module for Spurgeon's morning and evening. I tried to make one with ToolTips but nothing worked.

Thank You

#507 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:39 PM

Hi All.

I have been trying to find a audio module for Spurgeon's morning and evening. I tried to make one with ToolTips but nothing worked.

Thank You

In order to create an audio module you need MP3 audio files of the work in question. 

There is a utility tool available called Audio Module Maker that can create audio modules but again you need either MP3 files or links to MP3 files to create an audio module. Here is the link to download the Audio Module Maker:

http://www.biblesupp...io-module-maker

Edited by Tj Higgins, 04 October 2021 - 04:41 PM.

#508 Miltbeall

Miltbeall

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:20 PM

TJ

Thank You for your reply. I have used the "Audio Module Maker for e-Sword" for creating audio Bibles.

But, I don't see how to create a daily devotion with it, or am I missing something ?

yes I have the Spurgeon M&E in MP3

#509 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 07:23 AM

TJ

Thank You for your reply. I have used the "Audio Module Maker for e-Sword" for creating audio Bibles.

But, I don't see how to create a daily devotion with it, or am I missing something ?

yes I have the Spurgeon M&E in MP3

You might want to try using the audio bible topx file module you can use this to create a topic module using MP3 files. The module comes with a sample topx file, sample rtf file and the MP3's for the first 10 chapters of Genesis. You should be able to create the module you want by using the sample/templates and using the Spurgeon MP3's instead of the included Genesis MP3 files.

http://www.biblesupp...76-audio-bible/

Edited by Tj Higgins, 05 October 2021 - 07:27 AM.

#510 Miltbeall

Miltbeall

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:08 AM

TJ,

Thanks again for your reply. I will give this a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users