Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#421 Izajasz

Izajasz

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

I am new to e-Sword and BibleSupport and have been very impressed!

One very valuable resource that I have not been able to find here is Emanuel Tov's _Parallel Aligned Hebrew Aramaic and Greek Texts of Jewish Scripture_. This resource is an essential aid for all those interested in the original Jewish-Greek linguistic context of LXX and NT - and thus the original meanings of the Biblical texts.

The 1st edition is freely available at:

http://ccat.sas.upen...lical/parallel/

The 2nd edition would probably cost money.

I noticed that another commentator also asked about this resource a couple years ago, but I didn't see a response. Does anyone know: a) Has this resource already been developed into an e-Sword module? B) Is anyone undertaking or interested in undertaking such development?

Many thanks!

#422 Woobyca

Woobyca

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:40 AM

I would love to have available a Hebrew Bible with the morphological text.

#423 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:24 PM

You might try this.

http://www.biblesupp...ted-hmtbblxexe/

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#424 mccoy4x

mccoy4x

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hey, I'm also new and I've tried finding several Turkish translations of the bible and can only find the newest "Kutsal Kitap" translation. I have several friends who I believe would benefit from being able to compare several translations in their native tongue on this program and wanted to see if there is anyone who has the knowledge, has the time, and has the desire to turn these translations into bible modules for e-sword for the benefit of their brothers.  

This is the one that already exists on e-sword.  Thank you to whoever helped get it there!:  

Here are some links to word documents with several of the other Translations that exist in the language so far, but are not on e-sword:

• Thomas Cosmades: İncil: Sevinç Getirici Haber - İncil'in Yunanca'dan çağdaş Türkçe'ye çevirisi. ©2010 Kutsal Söz Yayınları. Kutsal Kitap'tan Özdeyişler©2010.  (New Testament only) Link to word document:  http://www.presbiteryen.org/yeniahit.zip

If someone is excited about the idea of taking this on, please let me know how I can help.  I know some turkish, but not programming and would love to help in whatever way i can to see this through!

#425 Shayne Moses

Shayne Moses

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationStayton, Oregon

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

Dear Sir;

After re-reading and realizing I just could not “get it together”... have settled on this ....

What’s the best way to get a hold of or make a digital, i.e., workable document, to use in module building or whatever; maybe a local service since I have no real equipment. .... ?

Nevermind ... Well, gonna post this original anyway because MAYBE somebody can relate or tell me it (and me and my ilk) is a lost cause and "just do it yoursef if ya wannt it so bad" ;}

I have sent this question {“Where can I get a digital copy of Seven Dispensations by J R Graves?”} to seven online outfits and then I thought of you. Sorry for not thinking of you first. You have always provided more of what I generally look for in scriptural {i.e., Baptist} digital literature than ANYONE else I’ve found. I wish I lived nearby so I could actually help in your work, but about all I CAN do is buy some of it, use and enjoy. Doesn’t seem fair but it’s the least I can do and that’s usually the way of it.

I don’t want to hinder, misdirect, offend or in any way be another “fly in your soup” as you probably have plenty. “God bless you brother” has been my prayer since first stumbling onto “the program.” So {forgive all the “I’s”} I am going to risk it and with a prayer to our Lord, I trust, pretend we’re friends and try to say something not any more silly.

*As I was composing this I received a *response from what I thought was my best choice (and yes I do know better and no I didn’t try any of the other excellent Bible program people, e.g., Pierce, Morton, Staggs, et.al)... Stem Publishing; here’s what they said:

“I am sorry, I have never heard of it, or him ... Les.”

I can’t get my head around that response ... trying to be charitable ... maybe “Les” was busy or whatever.... certainly not ignorant. Or maybe the good Lord wants me mad enough to pursue this. OK enuf said.

I started this “quest” because my 90 year old mother asked me a {mind boggling?} question while studying the ABA quarterly the other morning on “The Kingdom of the Coming Messiah”: The question seems to boil down to “What needeth it?”

*Another response:

“Project Gutenberg does not have that title.  I suggest you ask your local librarian.  Best regards,   Greg Newby”

As I was saying. What she means, I think, is since we “go to heaven” anyway why all this worry over the 1000 year reign or what IS the reason for works after salvation aside from the obvious of love and duty, etc. Personally I’ve tried to stress to her there is more to it than that. The final chapter (chp. XXIII) in Graves’ book struck me as good studies on this and decided to workup a blog of sorts combining cut/pastes out of what I have on this and other stuff like Works of Graves, Pendleton, Hall & J. B. Moody’s in After Death, etc. which seem related to the question. So finding that although I have some of these things digitally reproduced of my own and found online over the years, I don’t have this chapter, one reason is because I’ve been expectantly waiting for Graves’ complete works to show up. After all ... isn’t he “THE BAPTIST” and “MR. LANDMARK”? That is not my words but do make the point (if there is one).

I supposed someone would surely put Landmark Baptist works together like maybe Bogard Press or some ABA seminary alumnus, somebody. I have brought this up with the BP store a few years ago about E-books of these works they have inherited rights to, as the authors would have done. Bogard was a prolific public expositor of Bible doctrine as Baptist doctrine and disseminated many of Graves’ works; the response I got was.... “What’s an E-book.”

When you think about it ...as my wife just told me ... “it’s weird!” Especially when you consider what God has done through this man and the Landmark movement. Which, of course was not “New Light” but as Graves proved, was and is New Testament and early Christian. Why aren’t these things more available? That IS mind-boggling! Those that have the material need God to move them I reckon.

But then maybe believing in “Baptist Exceptionalism” is harder to do and even more embarrassing (and rare, as in Luke 18:8) to some folks than believing in “American Exceptionalism” which has become rare in itself. We truly are in Laodicean times.

*Another response {from a David Oldfield?}:

“it doesn’t appear to be currently in print. But I see it on Amazon.com and Abebooks.com. Sorry, that’s the best I can do.”

{Really...okaaaa then, like I haven’t been checking THAT for years without end already}

Thanks for the ear or shoulder to cry on or whatever you call this. {time to call the waaaabulance}

Yours truly for the Water of Life;

Mr. and Mrs. Eric S. Nelson

Water & Environmental Technologies
RETIRED
8100 SE Iris St.
Johnson City, OR 97267

eshaynemoses@gmail.com
moses@wvi.com

.-----------\./-----------.

.-/|  H O L Y   :  B I B L E |\-.

||:|            :            |:||

||:| Go ye into :   gospel   |:||

||:|   all the  :  to every  |:||

||:| world, andcreature. |:||

||:| preach the : ~ Mark 16:15 |:||

||/`-----------\:/-----------'\||

`-------------~___~-------------'

The Shayne Moses Project

#426 Shayne Moses

Shayne Moses

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

¶ And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

#427 Gary Timm

Gary Timm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

Shayne,

As you mentioned, the "Seven Dispensations" by J R Graves appears to be copyrighted and available in book format only, not digital. Unless permission is received from the copyright holder, putting it in e-Sword format would be impossible.

By the way, Isaiah heard God's Words and prophesied correctly when speaking of today's world. Our only option is to cry out to the Lord, "Here I am. Send me!"... Isaiah 6:8.

May God bless...

#428 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

What’s the best way to get a hold of or make a digital, i.e., workable document, to use in module building or whatever; maybe a local service since I have no real equipment. .... ?

If A digital copy Can not be found the next step is to find a Public domain version of the book in print 

Below is a public domain version of the book.

is this the book ?

https://www.amazon.c...tions jr graves

then the book must be scanned in to make it digital but that is the easy part then it must be OCR'd then proofed against the original that is very time consuming then it is relatively easy with T4 to

convert the text to eSword format

If it is just digital you want so it can be read on devices a pdf can be made from the scanned images 

DSaw

Edited by DSaw, 14 May 2017 - 07:08 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#429 Shayne Moses

Shayne Moses

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Yes, OK, much appreciated. I'll type it in and make the corrections as I go. See you in about 10 years, God bless. ~ esn

#430 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

Yes, OK, much appreciated. I'll type it in and make the corrections as I go. See you in about 10 years, God bless. ~ esn

if you can part with a public domain copy (the book will be unbound "lost") one of us can scan it then OCR it when it is OCR'd many words about 80% and up will be accurate to the original saving you allot of time 

a doc can be made of the resulting OCR so you can use the original scan to proof the doc

DSaw

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users