Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#361 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

The author of the multi-volume devotional commentary has his own wikipedia page.  Here is a little blurb upon his background, along with a couple of paragraphs explaining what the Oxford Movement was about - which also has it's own wiki page.

-----

The Reverend Isaac Williams (1802–1865) was a prominent member of the Oxford Movement (or "Tractarians"), a student and disciple of John Keble and, like the other members of the movement, associated with Oxford University. A prolific writer, Williams wrote poetry and prose including the well known Tract: "On Reserve in Communicating Religious Knowledge".

The Oxford Movement was a movement of High Church Anglicans, eventually developing into Anglo-Catholicism. The movement, whose members were often associated with the University of Oxford, argued for the reinstatement of lost Christian traditions of faith and their inclusion into Anglican liturgy and theology. They conceived of the Anglican Church as one of three branches of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

It was also known as the Tractarian Movement after its series of publications Tracts for the Times, published between 1833 and 1841. The group was also disparagingly called Newmanites (pre-1845) and Puseyites (post-1845) after two prominent Tractarians, John Henry Newman and Edward Bouverie Pusey.

#362 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

I would love to see an Analytical Greek Lexicon among e-Sword's modules. For those who may not know, an Analytical lexicon gives the Greek word along with its number, gender, etc. This is extremely valuable when doing word studies because you can tell, as a simple example, if a person using the word "you" is referring to just one person or to an audience of several. You can also tell, for example, how to match pronouns with antecedents. I have a hardback Analytical Greek Lexicon and have used it extensively when doing word studies. It would be great if we could do this electronically through e-Sword!

#363 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

I would love to see an Analytical Greek Lexicon among e-Sword's modules. For those who may not know, an Analytical lexicon gives the Greek word along with its number, gender, etc. This is extremely valuable when doing word studies because you can tell, as a simple example, if a person using the word "you" is referring to just one person or to an audience of several. You can also tell, for example, how to match pronouns with antecedents. I have a hardback Analytical Greek Lexicon and have used it extensively when doing word studies. It would be great if we could do this electronically through e-Sword!

Hi

I am planning after my current project to do what I call a Greek-English Concordance it will have every Greek word and the English used for that Greek word keyed to Strong's  I may add the Greek morphology form the analytical Greek lexicon

there are already bibles with morphology added but the Greek word and its morphology would would not be in one place like it would be in the Greek English concordance I'm planning I'm thinking now of adding them even though this will add time to an already time consuming job

here is one of those bibles

http://www.biblesupp...d-parsing-info/

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#364 A Traveling Pilgrim

A Traveling Pilgrim

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a module that is called "Mornings with A.W. Tozer".

Can anybody help me to find it?

Thanks,

A Traveling Pilgrim

#365 ASK

ASK

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

I am using the Android app AndBible based on the Sword Project. Recently one of the modules available for downloading was the ESV with Strongs numbers; I'm not sure of the source, but it is not on the official Sword site. It is also available for Olive Tree - https://www.olivetre...roductid=17504. Any chance of making it available for e-Sword?

PS When will we see an Android version of e-Sword? MySword is a very poor substitute.

Regards

Andrew

#366 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

PS When will we see an Android version of e-Sword? MySword is a very poor substitute.

Hi Andrew,
I do not think that e-Sword will be available on android. There are forums that talk about it. It would be nice to have e-Sword on android.
MySword is a very good software to study the bible with. You will need the Deluxe version to get the best out of it.

If you want the esv with the strongs , you will need the text from it. Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#367 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

You will need the Deluxe version to get the best out of it.

I've shared this before, and I think that it bears worth repeating due to the fact that the Creators of MySword use the word Freeware or similar to it, or that it is free.

The truth is that MySword is not free, and neither is it freeware. When compared to e-Sword for PC, which is a fully blown, totally functional Bible study software, the free part of MySword simply is nothing more than crippleware. It is not a fully functional Bible study program. A great deal of the functions in MySword has been disabled. As Niobi Watson (aka, Patchwork Kid) pointed out that one needs the delux version to get the best out of it. However, the minimum donation for the delux version is US$50.00.

Now, one can be happy with the crippled "freeware" version of MySword if one is not using it for any real Bible Study. But if one wants to be able to use all the functions of MySword then the minimum donation for:

• A. The Premium Version (usually for Andriod Phones) US$20.00
  • B. The Delux Version (Primarily designed for Tablets) US$50.00.

Now, compare these prices against what Rick Meyers has put on e-Sword HD and LT for both iPads and iPhones respectively.

• e-Sword HD for iPad US$4.99
  • e-Sword LT for iPhone US$1.99

Now, just to let you know, there are no free versions of e-Sword HD and LT. These are the prices you pay up front for these programs, and there are no hidded cost and these programs are not crippled by any stretch of the imagination.

When I consider the cost of MySword for Andriod against e-Sword HD and LT, I know where the better deal lies. MySword, when fully functional is not better or worse in performance than e-Sword. Therefore the price that the MySword creators are asking is extremely exorbitant. With that said, to state MySword as freeware or free can only be regarded as nothing more than an extreme form of exaggeration.

In conclusion, I'm a real e-Sword fan-boy, and i just totally love this program. And from what I've heard from e-Sword HT and LT users, these programs are equally as good as the Desktop version. So, when considering this, and all the other factors, one does not have to be a rocket scientist (and what on earth rocket scientists have got to do with this, I have no idea) to see why there is a desire to see an e-Sword version for Android. From my perspective, I'd pay 2 bucks and 5 bucks respectively if there were e-Sword versions for both Android Phone and Tablets any day of the week, and now that I'm getting a program that I really love to use.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 14 December 2014 - 05:39 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#368 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

so APsit190 when will Rick put out an e-Sword for Android?

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#369 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

so APsit190 when will Rick put out an e-Sword for Android?

Tell you what, mate ... lets all of us email him en-mass, and from there let's see what happens from there.

I've done a case study for e-Sword for Android (

Entry
A Case for e-Sword for Android
Last Update Mar 12 2017 05:16 AM

) of which I think really puts out a need for this program for Android users. I dunno how often I've blown my trumpet about e-Sword for droid, but I'll keep on blowing it until dear old Ricky baby does something about it.

So now to answer your question ... as soon as he can once we have placed the dynamite under is chair to get him to move to create e-Sword for Android. LOL.gif

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#370 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

hi  APsit190,

A suggestion:  If you do a survey about who would like e-Sword for Android and give the result to Rick so he will see how many people would want it.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users