Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

ToolTip Installation Error and Won't Uninstall

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ghoti Ichthus

Ghoti Ichthus

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:20 PM

I installed ToolTip, but it didn't install correctly/completely.  So, I tried to uninstall and start over.  However, ToolTip won't completely uninstall.  The file Apl385 TrueType font file is stuck in the ToolTip folder.  It won't delete because it's allegedly open.  The folder won't delete or rename because that file is allegedly open.  The file and app don't show up anywhere in Task Manager.

How do I fix this so I can start over?

Do I need to install all 3 ToolTip versions, starting with the oldest?  Or just the most recent one, which is what I did?

Windows 10, 64Bit OS.  e-Sword and e-Sword Tool Tip NT folders both in Program Files (x86).

Thank you.

Ghoti

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:37 PM

I installed ToolTip, but it didn't install correctly/completely.  So, I tried to uninstall and start over.  However, ToolTip won't completely uninstall.  The file Apl385 TrueType font file is stuck in the ToolTip folder.  It won't delete because it's allegedly open.  The folder won't delete or rename because that file is allegedly open.  The file and app don't show up anywhere in Task Manager.

How do I fix this so I can start over?

Do I need to install all 3 ToolTip versions, starting with the oldest?  Or just the most recent one, which is what I did?

Windows 10, 64Bit OS.  e-Sword and e-Sword Tool Tip NT folders both in Program Files (x86).

Thank you.

Ghoti

Just reinstall the most recent version during the installation process there should be a prompt regarding installing Apl385, one of the options in the prompt should be "skip this file" click that option and the install should complete

#3 Buddy

Buddy

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:52 PM

I have had the same problem using the most recent version.

#4 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 20 March 2021 - 10:52 AM

when you uninstall the tooltip NT the folder in Program files(x86) will not removed. you have to restart your system and then delete this folder. when you get an error message that APL385.ttf can not be replace, ignore and continue the installation. when it comes to the OCX registration error especially for 2020 version, the following VC++ redistributable package installation will solve the problem. so before installing tool tip NT download and install this.

https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=29

it will resolve the error.

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#5 Molarc

Molarc

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:23 AM

My problem is similar. The book of Revelation commentay cannot install

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:57 AM

My problem is similar. The book of Revelation commentay cannot install

Have you a link to the file so we can check the installer.

Are you on Windows operating system?

#7 JSFBay

JSFBay

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2022 - 01:35 PM

The Microsoft VC++ link that was provided above is no longer valid. Should I just look for the newest one, or, can someone provide a link that works now (in 2022)? I get an error at the end of installation saying something couldn't be added to the registry - unfortunately I did not screen capture the error :-(  I rebooted my system and tried again, with the same results. Would installing a previous version help at all?

All I want to do is change the title of Calvin's commentary - it appears in E-Sword as CalCom. While I could probably learn to remember this is Calvin, I'd love to change the title and nothing more. Is there a simpler tool to do this, or is this tool the right way to do this? 

Thanks to anyone who can help.

-Jeff

Edited by JSFBay, 05 June 2022 - 01:39 PM.

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:09 PM

The Microsoft VC++ link that was provided above is no longer valid. Should I just look for the newest one, or, can someone provide a link that works now (in 2022)? I get an error at the end of installation saying something couldn't be added to the registry - unfortunately I did not screen capture the error :-(  I rebooted my system and tried again, with the same results. Would installing a previous version help at all?

All I want to do is change the title of Calvin's commentary - it appears in E-Sword as CalCom. While I could probably learn to remember this is Calvin, I'd love to change the title and nothing more. Is there a simpler tool to do this, or is this tool the right way to do this? 

Thanks to anyone who can help.

-Jeff

For a title change you can use the e-Sword tab renamer utility available here on bible support:

http://www.biblesupp...rd-tab-renamer/

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 06 June 2022 - 02:00 AM

For a title change you can use the e-Sword tab renamer utility available here on bible support:

@ JSFBay

I can really recommend this tool. It is extremely intuitive and straight forward to use, and you shouldn't have any hassles with it.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21)

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 JSFBay

JSFBay

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2022 - 04:45 PM

Sorry for the late response - Thank you! Works as advertised :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users