Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Converting PC module to e-Sword X: NET First edition

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 03:30 PM

Hi TJ, thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, I have been trying this for two weeks and have gone as far as not only closing and reopening e-Sword X, but restarting my iMac without success.

I am happy to hear any and all suggestions. I am beginning to feel that I must be overlooking something incredibly obvious or there is something not quite "right" about e-Sword X.

Jason

I don't use e-Sword X as  I have a Windows PC, but with the Windows version of e-Sword, there is a resources option that allows users to select which modules are visible in e-Sword. I wonder if there is a similar feature in e-Sword X?

#12 capecove

capecove

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

Well TJ, if there is I cannot discover it (thanks for the suggestion though, I did double check because of what you wrote). In the preferences dialog there is very little to choose from. A few panes exist but nothing that seems to have anything to do with this - even remotely.

If I enter the File menu, choose Resources and then select Delete, I can get a listing of the modules I can seemingly access from within e-Sword X, including all of the available Bibles (so that I can choose to delete them if I wish). Yet, NET does not appear in this list. To be honest, for my 20+ years of IT experience mind, it is like the module is not being installed, the module is being deleted and I am not getting any king of dialog to let me know as such.

I did put in another question to Rick but haven't heard from him in the last week or so. I might have to follow up again.

Still glad to have all the input I can possibly get. :)

Jason

I don't use e-Sword X as  I have a Windows PC, but with the Windows version of e-Sword, there is a resources option that allows users to select which modules are visible in e-Sword. I wonder if there is a similar feature in e-Sword X?

#13 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:39 PM

the Bible file you installed did have a .bbli suffix?

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:33 PM

the Bible file you installed did have a .bbli suffix?

Hi Jon,

Yes it does because I converted it from a bblx file and sent the converted file to him. So, as to the what is causing the problem is a total unknown thingy. Moreover, from what I can gather, it is something which is peculiar to his machine due to the fact that no else has reported such difficulties a Jason is experiencing.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 30 September 2020 - 04:35 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#15 capecove

capecove

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:15 PM

Hello Stehen, Jon, et al.

I just wanted to throw a little more in there on this considering Stephen's comments...

He did try to get me a file that SHOULD'VE worked. However, it did not (thanks for trying anyhow Stephen!). I had converted it myself and tried to use it prior to posting here on the forum, and that was - obviously - unsuccessful in spite of a "successful" conversion.

Regarding my installation here, every other module downloaded and converted from PC to Mac and then imported through Files\Resources\Import... work perfectly. Just this morning, I installed these first on my Windows 10 laptop and then converted them successfully to .bbli modules on the same laptop, transferred them to a flash drive, then copied them onto the iMac (remember, Catalina and 40gb of ram) and once copied, imported them into e-Sword X and they are all working perfectly. You can see which modules they were below if you are interested:

http://www.biblesupp...evisionbblxexe/

I selected modules found on this website, just as I tried to use the NET First edition found on this website as well:

http://www.biblesupp.../864-net-bible/

Still hoping to hear something, though I might be without hope in this endeavor. 

As an aside... For you experienced module folks... Would it be welcome for me to take these BBLI files and upload them here on Bible Support? Or, are there rules about uploading modules that would prohibit me from doing so? If I find them on this site, and then make a Mac module for e-Sword X out of a e-Sword PC module, would that be a kind thing to do or breaking rules, annoying others, etc.? I am at a bit of a loss over why I am not seeing e-Sword X modules commmonly in downloads.

Thanks for your time...

Jason

Hi Jon,

Yes it does because I converted it from a bblx file and sent the converted file to him. So, as to the what is causing the problem is a total unknown thingy. Moreover, from what I can gather, it is something which is peculiar to his machine due to the fact that no else has reported such difficulties a Jason is experiencing.

Blessings,

Edited by capecove, 01 October 2020 - 03:05 PM.

#16 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

Hey Jason, you can take this as me being totally cheeky, and you want to shoot me for it, or take it as what you really should do. So, I'll leave that part up to you.

So here goes.

Toss out your Mac device, and get yourself a Windows PC come laptop or even a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Now I realize you may take this as blasphemy, and should be burned at the stake for it. But hey, at least I'm trying to, ummm, help you out?! Or maybe not?!

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#17 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:17 PM

Hello Stehen, Jon, et al.

I just wanted to throw a little more in there on this considering Stephen's comments...

He did try to get me a file that SHOULD'VE worked. However, it did not (thanks for trying anyhow Stephen!). I had converted it myself and tried to use it prior to posting here on the forum, and that was - obviously - unsuccessful in spite of a "successful" conversion.

Regarding my installation here, every other module downloaded and converted from PC to Mac and then imported through Files\Resources\Import... work perfectly. Just this morning, I installed these first on my Windows 10 laptop and then converted them successfully to .bbli modules on the same laptop, transferred them to a flash drive, then copied them onto the iMac (remember, Catalina and 40gb of ram) and once copied, imported them into e-Sword X and they are all working perfectly. You can see which modules they were below if you are interested:

http://www.biblesupp...evisionbblxexe/

I selected modules found on this website, just as I tried to use the NET First edition found on this website as well:

http://www.biblesupp.../864-net-bible/

Still hoping to hear something, though I might be without hope in this endeavor. 

As an aside... For you experienced module folks... Would it be welcome for me to take these BBLI files and upload them here on Bible Support? Or, are there rules about uploading modules that would prohibit me from doing so? If I find them on this site, and then make a Mac module for e-Sword X out of a e-Sword PC module, would that be a kind thing to do or breaking rules, annoying others, etc.? I am at a bit of a loss over why I am not seeing e-Sword X modules commmonly in downloads.

Thanks for your time...

Jason

There are two different uploads of the Net free module on this website, you might want to try the other file that is uploaded on this site:

http://www.biblesupp...net-free-bible/

#18 capecove

capecove

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:57 AM

Hahahah...

Good day to you there Stephen...   :D

Listen brother, I have not been ribbed in a little while for my current MacOS connection. :) I assure you, what you wrote is not foreign to me nor offensive. It did give me a little chuckle, surely. Thanks for that.

You know, I worked in the IT industry from the early 90's to 2011. And, during that time, I was a 99% PC kind of guy, working on - literally - 100,000+ computers in that span (and seeing a whole host of changes in hardware, massively sweeping changes). It was a form of psychological terror. Ha... I loved DOS, embraced Windows, supported many versions of it and just got tired of doing it at work, then getting home and doing the same sort of stuff I did all day all over again (BSOD's affected us all from time to time). In 2008, I purchased a MacBook and I have just kind of been in the Apple OS-sphere since then. As you can tell, I am not averse to Windows entirely, I have a Windows 10 HP laptop (an Elitebook, which I genuinely adore from a hardware repair standpoint). I even dualboot a Linux distro from time to time. So, I like to keep my options open.

The truth is that I just got tired of fixing computers, especially OS issues, and my iMac experience has proven that - for me - I could relax and not worry about fixing things so often. 

I was a fond fan of Online Bible and owned it for both the PC and the MacOS, but it died a couple years back and so I got in the OliveTree vein. Then, Olive Tree sent out an update for MacOS that caused issues - crashing without displaying Bible content. Given that I am using electronic passages daily in ministry I was blown out of the water. I had not made a backup plan if OliveTree ever fails, and that was shortsighted. So, here I am.

:)

As a current author and publisher, I could've written much more here now. However, I will spare you the full autobiography. ;)

Have a great day my friend and thanks again...

Jason

Hey Jason, you can take this as me being totally cheeky, and you want to shoot me for it, or take it as what you really should do. So, I'll leave that part up to you.

So here goes.

Toss out your Mac device, and get yourself a Windows PC come laptop or even a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Now I realize you may take this as blasphemy, and should be burned at the stake for it. But hey, at least I'm trying to, ummm, help you out?! Or maybe not?!

Blessings,

Edited by capecove, 02 October 2020 - 09:13 AM.

#19 capecove

capecove

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the attempt TJ, it was a noble suggestion.

Sadly, I just tried it and got the same result. I am not sure why the module is posted twice, it seems that the uploads were split by just a few minutes. I did write 2GunTom a PM asking if he had any suggestions but it has been a week or two and no response. He may not frequent here at all any longer.

Is there a user out there who has purchased the e-Sword X NET premium module? Can anyone tell me if it comes with both the first edition and the second edition? I suppose that I need to find out more about the developer and perhaps ask them directly.

Is there a decent tutorial on how to take a Word doc, HTML, RTF, etc. and convert it into a module? I might try making this happen myself - if it is a reasonable pursuit. If nothing else, it might prove useful in other ways as well - including creating other content for e-Sword I do not see listed here. Any insight on this process folks?

Also, still not hearing about whether or not the community here would consider it reasonable, acceptable, etc. for me to upload these  BBLI files that DO appear in my e-Sword X for others to download. Any thoughts on that folks?

Have a great Friday... Thank you all again...

Jason

There are two different uploads of the Net free module on this website, you might want to try the other file that is uploaded on this site:

Edited by capecove, 02 October 2020 - 09:06 AM.

#20 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 02:30 PM

Long shot.

Perhaps if you change the abbreviation name in the file to NET1x it will work. I say this because in the e-Sword version abbreviation names have been reserved for official resources in the past, and maybe that is the case here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users