Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

eSword Spell Check

6 replies to this topic

#1 iTony888

iTony888

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:20 PM

I have eSword v12.1.0 running on Win10.

I accidently added an incorrect word to spell check.

How can I undo this?

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:12 PM

I have eSword v12.1.0 running on Win10.

I accidentally added an incorrect word to spell check.

How can I undo this?

Yes you can. Simply follow the steps shown on the video below

Sorry about not having a commentary. Mic doesn't work.

Also, trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 July 2020 - 06:30 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 iTony888

iTony888

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:05 PM

Thank you so much as this has greatly helped me.

Now I didn't find the word that I added because there were 2700 words to look through but at least I now know where to find that file.

But I did copy and paste all the text into MS Word and it shows that everything was spelled correctly which I know that's not true.

Then I copy and paste into an online spell check site and it said everything was spelled incorrectly. lol

This also gives me a chance to backup this file into my cloud storage incase I need to reinstall eSword again.

But I have 2 more questions now.

1)Can I reset this file and start with a new one?

2)Is there a more updated version of the Spell Check file or a custom one that someone has made?

Yes you can. Simply follow the steps shown on the video below

Sorry about not having a commentary. Mic doesn't work.

Also, trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

But I have 2 more questions now.

1)Can I reset this file and start with a new one?

2)Is there a more updated version of the Spell Check file or a custom one that someone has made?

On Question 1 you can do one of three things.

a. Simply delete that file, and the next time you start e-Sword, it will look for it, and when it doesn't find it, it will boot up the installer program in repair mode, and from there you just click OK and go from there. Or

b. Delete the file, and then run the e-Sword installer, click on Repair, and then go from there.

c. Simply uninstall e-Sword, and do a fresh install.

In either method you choose, the e-Sword installer program will install a new custom.dic file.

My recommendations are:

1. Before doing anything backup all your e-Sword related data, e.g., Topic Note, Study Note and Journal files you may have created.
  2. Use Option b is by far the best way to go, and if that doesn't work use option c.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 28 July 2020 - 07:40 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 iTony888

iTony888

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:34 PM

So I tried option A and I was only able to delete the custom.dlc file and when I opened up eSword, it booted normally and never asked me to run a repair. So I closed eSword and went to the program folder and custom.dlc was still deleted.

So next I tried option B and I went to eSword website and downloaded the installer. For some odd reason, Malwarebytes Browser Guard now flags eSword as Scam and will stop the download. I had to add eSword to the Allow List in order to get the program to download. Malwarebytes has never flagged eSword before and I did make sure that the eSword URL was correct.

But anyways, option B did work and the new custom.dlc file is back now and by using option B, it didn't make any other changes to the program or delete any data. Like you said, this is really the best option to try first.

Regarding the backup, this is something that I was already doing and been doing so for years as I made the mistake of not doing it a long time ago and lost everything.

So I am good to go :)

Thank you for all your help and God bless.

On Question 1 you can do one of three things.

a. Simply delete that file, and the next time you start e-Sword, it will look for it, and when it doesn't find it, it will boot up the installer program in repair mode, and from there you just click OK and go from there. Or

b. Delete the file, and then run the e-Sword installer, click on Repair, and then go from there.

c. Simply uninstall e-Sword, and do a fresh install.

In either method you choose, the e-Sword installer program will install a new custom.dic file.

My recommendations are:

1. Before doing anything backup all your e-Sword related data, e.g., Topic Note, Study Note and Journal files you may have created.
  2. Use Option b is by far the best way to go, and if that doesn't work use option c.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:29 PM

So I tried option A and I was only able to delete the custom.dlc file and when I opened up eSword, it booted normally and never asked me to run a repair. So I closed eSword and went to the program folder and custom.dlc was still deleted.

So next I tried option B and I went to eSword website and downloaded the installer. For some odd reason, Malwarebytes Browser Guard now flags eSword as Scam and will stop the download. I had to add eSword to the Allow List in order to get the program to download. Malwarebytes has never flagged eSword before and I did make sure that the eSword URL was correct.

But anyways, option B did work and the new custom.dlc file is back now and by using option B, it didn't make any other changes to the program or delete any data. Like you said, this is really the best option to try first.

Regarding the backup, this is something that I was already doing and been doing so for years as I made the mistake of not doing it a long time ago and lost everything.

So I am good to go :)

Thank you for all your help and God bless.

When it comes to Malwarebytes, I tried it and found that it just ran way too many true-false readings on software and downloads, and so I scrapped it. I just couldn't be bothered with it when it came to know what is safe and unsafe. All I use is Windows Defender, which does a pretty good overall job.

It's really great to see that everything has worked out for you. That said, if in the event that you make that same error, when trying to find it in the custom dictionary, all you need to do is, in the Edit menu, click on the Find menu item, and just type in the offending word, and you should be ok from there.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 29 July 2020 - 05:29 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 iTony888

iTony888

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

That said, if in the event that you make that same error, when trying to find it in the custom dictionary, all you need to do is, in the Edit menu, click on the Find menu item, and just type in the offending word, and you should be ok from there.

I didn't even think of trying that. This is extremely helpful.

Thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users