Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-sword Bibles

2 replies to this topic

#1 DKHagans

DKHagans

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:52 PM

Hey Guy's it's me again.

over the years that I have been using E-sword, I have collected bibles from various places, sometimes they are in zipped format, other are instaler.exe and others are just the BBLX file.

anyway I am going through them one by using the tab renamer, and right now in my BBLX folder there are 3 Good News Bibles of different sizes, I would like to just have but 1, my instinct is to keep the biggest file and ditch the other 2.

Have you guys dealt with this and is there a one size fits all solution?

Thank you as always.

#2 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

If you use the E-sword Downloader you will see the Good News Bible offered there for download is 4825088. I presume this is the 'correct one.

Blessings

Bob Holmes

#3 kiwi

kiwi

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

Hey Guy's it's me again.

over the years that I have been using E-sword, I have collected bibles from various places, sometimes they are in zipped format, other are instaler.exe and others are just the BBLX file.

anyway I am going through them one by using the tab renamer, and right now in my BBLX folder there are 3 Good News Bibles of different sizes, I would like to just have but 1, my instinct is to keep the biggest file and ditch the other 2.

Have you guys dealt with this and is there a one size fits all solution?

Thank you as always.

This is where being able to run a tool that compares two, or more resources at a time, is extremely handy.

Sometimes resources have picked up content that doesn't belong in them.

Sometimes resources don't have the content that they are supposed to have.

Depending upon how much you trust hashtags to be accurate, you could run a script that calculates a hash value for each resource, and assume that if the file size, and hash value, and file extension are identical, the files are identical.  (This is the basic idea behind de-duplication tools.)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users