Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword cannot access additional Bibles

2 replies to this topic

#1 AndreB1404

AndreB1404

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:55 AM

When I started e-Sword today, it was back to a default installation with just KJV. All my additional Bibles and commentaries that I previously downloaded or purchased are not available. I searched my drive and found all the additional Bibles and commentary in AppData\Local in Windows 10. How do I get e-Sword to re-connect to them? And why did it loose the link in the first place? Your help is appreciated.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:34 AM

When I started e-Sword today, it was back to a default installation with just KJV. All my additional Bibles and commentaries that I previously downloaded or purchased are not available. I searched my drive and found all the additional Bibles and commentary in AppData\Local in Windows 10. How do I get e-Sword to re-connect to them? And why did it loose the link in the first place? Your help is appreciated.

The easiest fix is to copy and and past all of the bibles and commentaries from AppData\Local to the e-Sword folder in your programs folder. The restart e-Sword. The e-Sword folder in the Programs folder is the default location for all e-Sword modules and were e-Sword is programmed to find them. 

#3 AndreB1404

AndreB1404

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:31 AM

Hi all, just an update. I found out that the additional Bibles and Commentaries were stored in a VirtualStore folder as part of User Account Control (UAC) when I initially ran e_Sword on Windows 7. E-Sword lost the "link" when I changed my Security Policy in Windows 10 (for a totally different reason). The solution was to just copy the additional Bibles and Commentaries from the C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword to C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword. After restarting e-Sword everything was working fine with all Bibles etc accessible again.
Have a blessed day :)
Problem Solved!
PS. Thanks Tj Higgens for your response.

Edited by AndreB1404, 19 June 2020 - 03:35 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users