Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

mysword now uses ...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:38 AM

With the recent release of MySword 11.1 that can now use modules from four other bible software programs, I have decided to add one more idea to this discussion. 

It is actually possible to run MySword and any other android bible (there are quite a lot of them!) on a Windows PC using an Android Emulator such as Bluestacks, or any of the others listed below:

• GameLoop
  • MEmu
  • Ko Player
  • Genymotion
  • Nox Player
  • Android Studio
  • Remix OS
  • PrimeOS
  • ARChon
  • Bliss OS

Using an Android Emulator on a Windows PC will allow MySword or any other android bible apps to be run full screen verses smartphone screen size. All of the features and functions of the apps will work in the emulator just with more screen space that is easier with less eye strain 

There are also Apple IOS emulators for Windows PC available that will allow you to run IPhone and IPad Apps on Windows 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 01 July 2020 - 10:39 AM.

#12 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

Hey, Tj,

Interesting post. Do you use e-Sword, MySword on the PC emulated with Android emulator, or something else when you're sitting down to study your Bible?

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#13 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:55 PM

Hey, Tj,

Interesting post. Do you use e-Sword, MySword on the PC emulated with Android emulator, or something else when you're sitting down to study your Bible?

I primarily use e-Sword with a large library of modules that I have either accumulated and or created using Tooltip. 

I am considering adding an emulator to have access to some other bible apps as I don't have a smart phone just basic cellphone for emergency calls. 

A while back there was post here on bible support from a user who runs both the Windows version of e-Sword and the Apple/Mac version side by side on Windows using an emulator. He posted a a screen shot and a brief video of how had the setup side by side in his post but I cannot find the post at the moment. However the idea of running both versions of e-Sword running side by side intrigued me at the time.

When the new version of  MySword was released with capability of running e-Sword, Mybible, USFM and the Word modules in one program I remembered the post about running both versions of e-Sword side by side. It occurred to me the same sort of thing could be done with android (and iOS) bible apps.

Mybible is in fact an Android App itself 

There are a large number of bible apps available for both the Android OS and Apple's iOS and having an emulator installed on a Windows PC makes those apps available for desktop use. 

#14 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:27 AM

MeMu, Andy and Blue Stacks all run mysword on a pc, even work on some of the cheaper windows tablet/2 in 1's.  I did not use mysword all that much on these units but they load/download and seem to work fine.  I was not totally impressed with the emulators with some other apps but they did a fair job in my mind/use.  I opted not to use windows for my tablet work however due to one news app I really like not working well in the emulators.

#15 djmarko53

djmarko53

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location64093

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

Someone please tell me what I've missed.

I copied my Commentary "Old and New Testament Commentary"

to my MySword Directory on my phone and my Fire 10.2 HD Tablet.

They work just fine.  However, I can only view the Verse Notes.  Is

MySword only capable of displaying the Verse Notes from an 

e-Sword Module and not the Book Notes?  I have as much information

in my Book Notes but cannot seem to view them.  Only the Verse Notes.

djmarko53

#16 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

Just thought about how one can use their Android devices on Windows 10 without having to go use emulators.

Firstly, Microsoft has a tool (an app) called Your Phone. Below is a video which demonstrates the app.

Now, I know that as a matter of fact, because I tried it, that one is able to use MySword in conjunction with e-Sword  via this app. As to how well this works with Android Tablets, I don't know, as I don't have the latest version. If you have latest version of e.g., Samsung's Galaxy Note or Galaxy Tab, you can try to see if it works on the Your Phone application.

Secondly, there is Samsung's SideSync. This app is no longer being updated, and only works on devices which goes up to Android Lollipop (equivalent to Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Galaxy S7 (possibly S8). See video below.

Personally, I think that because these types of programs are available, it really makes life a lot simpler; simply due to the fact you can use your Android device to its fullest extent in conjunction with software such as your favorite word processor, Bible software, namely e-Sword, and etc on windows.

Trust that you will find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

PS. Belated Edit
And, Yep, If you have one of those accursed (Blurk) iPhones, MS Your Phone will work on it. Click here for more information.

Edited by APsit190, 03 July 2020 - 05:52 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#17 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:43 PM

Just thought about how one can use their Android devices on Windows 10 without having to go use emulators.

Firstly, Microsoft has a tool (an app) called Your Phone. Below is a video which demonstrates the app.

Now, I know that as a matter of fact, because I tried it, that one is able to use MySword in conjunction with e-Sword  via this app. As to how well this works with Android Tablets, I don't know, as I don't have the latest version. If you have latest version of e.g., Samsung's Galaxy Note or Galaxy Tab, you can try to see if it works on the Your Phone application.

Secondly, there is Samsung's SideSync. This app is no longer being updated, and only works on devices which goes up to Android Lollipop (equivalent to Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Galaxy S7 (possibly S8). See video below.

Personally, I think that because these types of programs are available, it really makes life a lot simpler; simply due to the fact you can use your Android device to its fullest extent in conjunction with software such as your favorite word processor, Bible software, namely e-Sword, and etc on windows.

Trust that you will find this helpful.

Blessings,

PS. Belated Edit
And, Yep, If you have one of those accursed (Blurk) iPhones, MS Your Phone will work on it. Click here for more information.

Yes you can use the Windows Your Phone app or Sidesync but if you are someone who does not own a smart phone, then an emulator is the best bet

Edited by Tj Higgins, 04 July 2020 - 03:52 PM.

#18 djmarko53

djmarko53

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location64093

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

I addressed an issue the other day that seems to be ignored.

At least no one seems concerned about it.

That is that the e-Sword .cmtx and .cmti files running on the MySword Bible.

Can someone please hazard to guess why you cannot view the Book Notes 

and Chapter Notes in MySword.  I can only view the Verse Notes.  Is this 

perhaps something that the developers of MySword forgot, or what?  I quite

often put much more information in the Book Notes than is found in the Verse

Notes.  It is a shame not to be able to access all the information in a particular

Commentary file.

Just wondering if someone else might comment on this.  Thanks....

#19 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:03 PM

I addressed an issue the other day that seems to be ignored.

At least no one seems concerned about it.

That is that the e-Sword .cmtx and .cmti files running on the MySword Bible.

Can someone please hazard to guess why you cannot view the Book Notes 

and Chapter Notes in MySword.  I can only view the Verse Notes.  Is this 

perhaps something that the developers of MySword forgot, or what?  I quite

often put much more information in the Book Notes than is found in the Verse

Notes.  It is a shame not to be able to access all the information in a particular

Commentary file.

Just wondering if someone else might comment on this.  Thanks....

I am not sure what the reason unless MySword is not set up the way e-Sword is with separate buttons for book, chapter and verse notes. 

As a possible work around you can use Simple Bible Reader to convert cmtx modules to actual MySword format. 

#20 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:40 PM

I am not sure what the reason unless MySword is not set up the way e-Sword is with separate buttons for book, chapter and verse notes.

Just had a gand at a Commentary on MySword, that is the exact reason. MySword lacks the Book and Chapter view of their commentaries.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 05 July 2020 - 09:43 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users