Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword Resource Installation on a Windows PC

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Josh, could you add support for overwriting files that have been set to read only.
Thanks

Jon

#22 Andrew Bozeman

Andrew Bozeman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

How do I put TOPX files in e-sword ? win 7

Edited by Andrew Bozeman, 13 July 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#23 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

Using e-Sword v10.1

In Win7 the TOPX file should be placed in c:\Program Files\e-Sword

If you're running Win7 x64, then place the TOPX modules in C:\Program Files(x86)\e-Sword

Placing the TOPX modules in this e-Sword folder will make them readable with the e-Sword Reference Library window.

To view the TOPX module in your Topic Editor (the old way of viewing topic modules) then the TOPX module must be placed in C:\Users\name\Documents\e-Sword. The TOPX module can then be viewed in the Topic Notes window.

Edited by LarryG, 13 July 2012 - 03:26 AM.

#24 LucyGirl01

LucyGirl01

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I have downloaded Patrick Fairbrain's Typology but I can't get it to open in e-Sword (version 10).  I can find it in the Menu/Options/Resources.  It is in the directory c:/program files/e-Sword.  I also downloaded Jabez Burns with the same results.  I have window 7.  What have I not done?  Thanks LucyGirl01

#25 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hi LucyGirl 01 ---->  Look here for your book:

Lookhere.jpg

#26 LucyGirl01

LucyGirl01

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

They were there.  Thank you very much.  By God's Grace and for His Glory

#27 Sophr

Sophr

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Please, help

I dowloaded Amplified Bible for e-sword bblx file, and used the Module Installer 4.0 to install, the Installer says that installation was successful, but it doesn't appears in e-sword, not in Menu/Options/resosurces not in References library (I restarted e-sword).

Also I have Russian Bibles for e-Sword - bbl files, how can I install them? the Module Installer does't work for them. (I just downloaded e-Sword - never used it before).

I have Windows XP Pk3

Thanks for help.

Sophr

#28 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

I recommend Downloading and reading the esword manual

http://www.biblesupp...vision-1202012/

since your new to esword

it will not fix your current problem but when its answered you will understand answer better 

Edited by DSaw, 27 January 2013 - 11:43 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#29 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Please, help

I dowloaded Amplified Bible for e-sword bblx file, and used the Module Installer 4.0 to install, the Installer says that installation was successful, but it doesn't appears in e-sword, not in Menu/Options/resosurces not in References library (I restarted e-sword).

Amplified bible is a premium It has a cost to it) if you used the module installer and didnt download from within esword you have a premuim tab blocking problem

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#30 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Please, help

Also I have Russian Bibles for e-Sword - bbl files, how can I install them? the Module Installer does't work for them. (I just downloaded e-Sword - never used it before).

I have Windows XP Pk3

Thanks for help.

Sophr

http://www.biblesupp...rd-9-converter/

bbl's are from version 8 you need to convert them use above program to change the to BBLX

NOTE: if they are official esword modules must download from within esword the converter cant convert official modules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users