Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword Resource Installation on a Windows PC

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

I can only tell you what happens at my end, I'm not changing anything.

My downloads location is I:\Downloads, when I double-click a resource exe file from this location the path to extract is shown as I:\Downloads\e-Sword.

When I move the exe file to I:\Documents and Settings\Mike_S\My Documents\e-Sword and double-click it to extract, the path becomes I:\Documents and Settings\Mike_S\My Documents\e-Sword\e-Sword.

I'll see if I can edit my previous post so others wont get confused. Sorry, I shouldn't be offering advice, I'll be quiet from now on :)

The missing piece of the puzzle was you were pressing the Browse button during the install process. If you click the Browse button, and the navigate to a new folder, the installer will append an "e-sword" to the file path. This is not desired and cannot easily be changed with existing installs. To avoid this, do not click the Browse button. And if you must, then adjust the path afterwards.

#12 Michael Clark

Michael Clark

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

I'm trying to download and run a zip file in es and just can't seem to do it. I just don't seem to understand some of the comments I've read. Can you help? Thanks, Mike Clark

#13 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

@Josh Bond

I was, true :) I had mentioned a number of times e-Sword is installed @ E:\e-Sword, not C:\Program Files\e-Sword. It would be nice if either the installer was "intelligent" enough to detect the installed location or, after you've ran a resource installer the location would be remembered. Instead they all default to \Program Files\e-Sword (I believe), even if nothing is there. Btw, "Intelligent" isn't meant to be derogatory, I mean it in a technical sense.

No problem, I extract manually and locate the modules myself, I don't care for some modules adding an uninstaller and cluttering up my Add/Remove Programs.

@Michale Clark

e-Sword is not an unzipper :) you will need to use your favorite tool to unzip the resource. 7Zip is free. If you're running e-Sword 9x and the resource is a Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, just unzip it to e-Sword's root directory where e-Sword.exe is located - likely C:\Program Files\e-Sword. I'm not sure how much if anything has changed in e-Sword 10x.

You could unzip to a temp folder, check the contents of the zip, if there's only one file inside, .bblx, .cmtx, .dctx, drop it in e-Sword's root directory.

It's a good habit to always mention what version of e-Sword you're using and the exact resource you need help with, maybe provide the link to the resource page, just FYI :)
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#14 Bro G

Bro G

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Greetings, I am unable to see the pulpit after installing as well. help please.

#15 Chaplain Bud

Chaplain Bud

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColumbia, TN 38401

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

This is my first post. It is meet that it should be so.

I have been a user of e-sword since, I believe very nearly the beginning of it. I have installed this program, and it's associated files on a double digit number of computers over the years. I well remember downloading session taking hours. Yes, this was before flash drives, external hard drives measuring in the terrqqabytes.

Today, I downloaded e-sword, plus the "usual" programs from this site, using the download installer.

THANK YOU! I have been blessed, today. Hours saved, and just what I need! Oh, my! What a rich and powerful blessing.

I teach many online courses in Bible Study, Religion, and Faith Studies. I am making this newest iteration mandatory, effective immediately! You have taken away the one concern for offering these treasures to my students: ease.

Thank you so very much. Rick, another winner!

#16 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

Welcome to BibleSupport. Glad it's working out for you! A community of volunteers run this site, but Rick does visit from time to time. If you want to contact Rick directly: http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#17 jamescook48

jamescook48

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm trying to get the Topic Notes to work. I don't have the box at the bottom of the Topic Note Window with a popup lisy of installed Topics. I've downloaded several Topic Resources. I've installed the e-Sword Module and used it but still have no box at the bottom of the Topic Installer with a popup list of installed Topics. Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? Thanks Jim Cook

#18 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm trying to get the Topic Notes to work. I don't have the box at the bottom of the Topic Note Window with a popup lisy of installed Topics. I've downloaded several Topic Resources. I've installed the e-Sword Module and used it but still have no box at the bottom of the Topic Installer with a popup list of installed Topics. Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? Thanks Jim Cook

If you're using e-Sword 10, use the Reference Library (Tools > Reference Library) to view topic books.

#19 OldGnome

OldGnome

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Greetings, I am unable to see the pulpit after installing as well. help please.

I am also having a problem with the Pulpit commentary and the Expositor's commentary. The entries appear in e-Sword (and have the appropriate pop-up description), but contents appear blank.

#20 OldGnome

OldGnome

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

I am also having a problem with the Pulpit commentary and the Expositor's commentary. The entries appear in e-Sword (and have the appropriate pop-up description), but contents appear blank.

oops. I just needed to restart another time and all is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users