Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword HotKey

utility hotkey macro

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 mukguk

mukguk

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

If I have several applications open I like to tab through to the one a want at that moment. In hotkey when I do a Scripture copy and lookup the popup window with the verses appears. But when I alt tab through my windows for particular open program I want, the popup window with verses stays open and on top. I'm not talking about the always ontop hotkey menu bar, I see that can be set for ontop or not. I'm speaking of hotkey popup window with found Scriptures. Is there way that this windows can set for not on top after tabbing to another open program?

Thank you for any assistance.

#22 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

If I have several applications open I like to tab through to the one a want at that moment. In hotkey when I do a Scripture copy and lookup the popup window with the verses appears. But when I alt tab through my windows for particular open program I want, the popup window with verses stays open and on top. I'm not talking about the always ontop hotkey menu bar, I see that can be set for ontop or not. I'm speaking of hotkey popup window with found Scriptures. Is there way that this windows can set for not on top after tabbing to another open program?

Thank you for any assistance.

No - this is not setable in HotKey.  You can make the window disappear by hitting the Esc button, or clicking the [x].  If you want it back, just press the hot key again. 

#23 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi Brent 

Could Hotkey be made to work with Strong's numbers to look up and if desired copy to a document

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#24 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Not easily...

Hi Brent 

Could Hotkey be made to work with Strong's numbers to look up and if desired copy to a document

Not easily...

#25 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Not easily...

that leads to the next question

What the possibility of there being a hotkey with Strong's capabilities then

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#26 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hi Brent 

Matthew 19:26; Mark 9:23

#27 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

:D 

#28 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

:D 

If truth, it would require a completely new program.  HotKey uses e-Sword's macro functions.  e-Sword does not provide Strong's data.  So a new database would be needed since e-Sword's data is encrypted and not accessible, so as to be able to access the data.  Not an impossibility, but still would require time and programming. 

#29 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi BH,

I just want to say thanks for this tool I finally got around to use it as I was reading something from the net and copied the scripture reference to HotKey ... and and it showed up in e-Sword.  very nice I will be using this tool more often now.

as always you make our studying the Word easy with your tools.

thanks again

Patchworkid

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#30 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

========================================
Version 3.20  6/17/2013
========================================
-- Fixed - When "Combine Arithmetic Sequences" was selected, certain patterns would drop references.
-- New - Option to lookup whole chapters or not in Macro mode.  Example, "Rev 12:7; Rev. 14" If this is disabled, then only Rev 12:7 would be looked up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users