Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword HotKey

utility hotkey macro

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi Brent,

I have two questions on setting. I cannot get my "Always on top" setting to toggle off. I understand the "Speed Lookup" mode. What do the "Speed e-Sword" and "Speed Macros" modes do?

Thanks again. This program is proving better than I had asked for.

Marvin Clapp

#12 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

There is a bug with toggling off the "Always on top" I found it earlier today and I think I have fixed it. Look for a update tomorrow.

Speed Lookup toggles on or off the Speed Macro / Speed e-Sword mode.
Macro does a verse lookup on the clipboard contents and displays it in a popup window.
e-Sword tells e-Sword to go to the first reference found in the clipboard.

#13 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Once again, Thank You.

Marvin Clapp

#14 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

========================================
Version 3.13 3/17/2012
-- Fix - changing window attribute for saying on top caused the program to terminate

#15 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Version 3.14 9/8/2012
-- Fixed - changing On Top mode caused clipboard and hotkey links to be disabled.

#16 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hi Brent,
I like the way you've named this program. I gotta admit that a name like "HotKey" leaves a lot for the imagination to play with it. Its the sort of name that one can create some good puns out of it, and other crazy things.

With all that said with tongue in cheek, you did create a handy little program to use in conjunction with e-Sword and whatever one's favorite word processor/text editor program is, and for that I got to give you top marks for that.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#17 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I love HotKey. I have become an addict to it since the last changes in March 2012. I use it in all of my Bible study outlines. (I make a LOT of Bible study outlines.)

I had an idea for an improvement that would help me and which might help others. I would like to see a choice in the Macro->Version box to automatically paste the Bible version that is currently selected in e-Sword. That way, the outline (other work) would go hand-in-hand with my studying.

God bless you for making this excellent program.

Marvin Clapp

#18 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the comments Marvin. For me, "HotKey" is ALWAYS running when my computer is on. You never know when you HAVE to look a scripture verse or verses. I just do not think people have an understanding of what it can do. For me, it is an extremely useful Bible study tool. It is also a tool that can be used for writing as you have found.

As to your suggestion, while "HotKey" uses e-Sword current selected version, well, the two programs are not directly linked. That is, you select the version you want to use in e-Sword, and the version you want to use in HotKey, probably as you already know. There is no easy way to discover, that I know of, when e-Sword changes the selected version. So while it might be nice to have as you suggested, it is not going to happen any time soon.

#19 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

I appreciate the reply. Like you, I have HotKey and e-Sword running in the background anytime that I do serious work. That's not all the time. (I turn them off when I am playing solitaire.;-) I really appreciate its capabilities.

Marvin Clapp

#20 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

hi BH,

Is there a video on how to use e-Sword Hot Key.  I and maybe some others may not know how to use this tool.  If you can supply a video or something (you may have) but I dont' have it.

It looks to be a nice tool

thanks

Patchworkid

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users