Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword HotKey

utility hotkey macro

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

The only official e-Sword add-on for Microsoft products is for MS-Word only. However, you can use the utility, e-Sword HotKey as a macro function for many other programs, including Publisher, Open Office, and even Notepad. e-Sword HotKey provides the Search, Copy, Version selection, and Scripture version conversion features of the e-Sword MS-Word macro. And the scripture conversion functions works on multiple non-continuous verses which the e-Sword MS-Word macro can not do. It can even do a scripture conversion of all scripture references in a document if you want it to. e-Sword HotKey can work in the back ground, and it scripture look up function triggered via a "HotKey" which you can define.

e-Sword HotKey has two hotkey functions. The first I think of as study mode, is an e-Sword lookup function which work like this, you highlight the scripture reference you want to lookup, copy it to the Windows clipboard, and then press the hotkey. The first Bible reference is located, and e-Sword is brought to the forefront and navigated to that reference. You can then read the verse in any Version you have installed in e-Sword and in context, and view any comment in any commentary you have installed. You can be working with a Word document, reading a PDF file, or surfing the Internet, and this function is always available.

The second mode is the Macro mode. To use it, you do have to install the e-Sword MS-Word macro add-on found here: http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html. If you have MS-Word, then choose the version for your version of MS-Word. If not, choose any version and install it. Once installed, e-Sword HotKey will use it. e-Sword HotKey can work with the macro function in two ways. (1) Background mode which itself has two mode, which are Popup mode or not. This works via a second HotKey which you define in the e-Sword HotKey Macro menu. Highlight the scripture reference you want to look up, copy it to the clipboard, and press the e-Sword HotKey macro hotkey. The scripture reference will be looked up in e-Sword, and placed into the Windows clipboard. You can then paste it into your document. If you have Popup mode checked for the macro function in e-Sword HotKey, then when you press the e-Sword HotKey macro hotkey, a window will appear with the scripture reference(s). They are still copied to the clipboard, but you can review them before pasting into your document. From the Popup window, you can perform other macro functions such as Version selection, Search or Copy. (2)The second way to use the macro function, is to have the e-Sword HotKey window visible, and resized to just show the menu bar. You can then click the Macro menu, and select the macro functions such as Search, Copy and Version selection. Scripture conversion is still accomplished using the e-Sword HotKey macro hotkey you have assigned. e-Sword HotKey will stay on top of other windows even when it does not have the focus, so the menus will remain visible and available.

e-Sword HotKey can be download here: http://www.biblesupp...e-sword-hotkey/

Attached Files

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

However, you can use the utility, e-Sword HotKey as a macro function for many other programs, including Publisher, Open Office, and even Notepad.

Hi Brent,
I'm a WordPerfect nutter. Sort of like Dr Dave is on that one. So, how ell does your HotKey program work with WordPerfect 12 (the version I use) or any other version of WP?

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21)
X (formerly Twitter)

#3 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

As I have outlined above and on the e-Sword HotKey download page. Do you have a specific question?

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

As I have outlined above and on the e-Sword HotKey download page.

Brent,
Considering what you just said, and in your initial post, I will assume (very dangerous thing to do :D (I go where angels fear to tread)) that your program will work with WordPerfect. So here's hoping.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

As I said above, "However, you can use the utility, e-Sword HotKey as a macro function for many other programs, including Publisher, Open Office, and even Notepad."

Any program which allows you to copy data to the clipboard and that contains scripture references should work with e-Sword HotKey. WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPad, Notepad, T3 (although T3 has macro functions of its own), FireFox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, PDF Reader, e-Sword itself, Visual Cadd, Skype (someone might text you a scripture verse), Thunderbird, Folio Views, IRC client programs, IM applications, BitPim, SumatraPDF, just to name a few.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

As I said above, "However, you can use the utility, e-Sword HotKey as a macro function for many other programs, including Publisher, Open Office, and even Notepad."

Any program which allows you to copy data to the clipboard and that contains scripture references should work with e-Sword HotKey. WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPad, Notepad, T3 (although T3 has macro functions of its own), FireFox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, PDF Reader, e-Sword itself, Visual Cadd, Skype (someone might text you a scripture verse), Thunderbird, Folio Views, IRC client programs, IM applications, BitPim, SumatraPDF, just to name a few.

Hi Brent,
You have really done a wonderful job with it. Not bad for a bloke who's profession is a Doctor. I have to admit this is really excellent. I dunno if you've missed your actual calling :lol: ( just kidding).

Looking at what you have just said, the extent to which this program can be used would have to be an unknown. And I'm curious as to what you've tested it on and to what extent your test have been. I'm actually gobsmacked at the thought of it.

Giving it 5 stars

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#7 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

It is not the cleaver. Any program that can copy data to the clipboard, will work with e-Sword HotKey, that is the point. It is a tool to use e-Sword to lookup scripture reference, in several different ways, quickly.

#8 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

========================================
Version 3.10 3/9/2012
-- New - Speed Lookup mode - when enabled, HotKey will receive notification from the Clipboard that the contents has changed. It will then immediately look for text references, and depending which mode, will either tell e-Sword to lookup the first found text, or look up all selected texts if in macro mode. See the last 3 menu options under the Mode menu. Speed Lookup may be useful for studying. It may be annoying if you are editing a document with lots of scripture references and you are using the clipboard to copy and paste.

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Version 3.11 3/15/2012
-- New - Mode menu - Always on top option
-- ADF file is back.

#10 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Version 3.12 3/16/2012
-- New - Recognizes non-breaking space (ASCII 160 and 255)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users