Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

BeST2: How to get it working !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

I have tried to get BeST2 to work on my computer (Windows 7) several times over the last year, but it has always thrown up error messages. I'm sure many of you have faced the same problem.

Recently, this is what I tried and it has worked quite well after that. Here's how I did it....

1) Copy the BeST2 folder from C:\Program Files to your Desktop.

2) Open the BeST2 folder and run BeST2 by clicking on BeST2.exe.

It should now open and run without any errors. I hope this is helpful

Dyan

#2 Jeff D. Huddleston

Jeff D. Huddleston

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSayre, OK

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

I have tried to get BeST2 to work on my computer (Windows 7) several times over the last year, but it has always thrown up error messages. I'm sure many of you have faced the same problem.

Recently, this is what I tried and it has worked quite well after that. Here's how I did it....

1) Copy the BeST2 folder from C:\Program Files to your Desktop.

2) Open the BeST2 folder and run BeST2 by clicking on BeST2.exe.

It should now open and run without any errors. I hope this is helpful

Dyan

#3 Jeff D. Huddleston

Jeff D. Huddleston

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSayre, OK

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Concerning BeST2: While the program now works in Windows Vista it still has one problem (as far as I can see at this point), and BeST has always had this same problem (as far as I know), when creating a Bible module it still flip-flops the text of 1&2 Esdras with 3&4 Maccabees...please, please, please fix this. Thanks.

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hi all,

Concerning BeST2 Tool. I uploaded on this forum Examples of how the text should look like: Attached File  ExampleFiles.zip   6.05MB   42 downloads
Please check out Bible Templates

Here is a file that can be used as portable: Attached File  BeST 2 Standard.zip   9.06MB   58 downloads
You can also copy what is inside this folder to you C:Program files - BeST2 folder Once you installed BeST2, you can copy and paste over to it.

Thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users