Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Uploading BBLX and BBLI files.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chipbeaulieu

chipbeaulieu

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:53 PM

Hello,

I was curious as to the best way to upload both the BBLX and BBLI Bible modules for the same translation? While I am aware of the conversion tool to go from the BBLX to the BBLI format, the conversation tool does not retain formatting (specifically red lettering). Also since I can include additional formatting in the BBLI format (small caps, anyone), I actually create the BBLI format first and downgrade to the BBLX format using some Excel formulas and some sqlite magic.

Should the modules be uploaded as two separate Bible modules, or both files as a single Bible module with two files?

Regards...

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:21 PM

Hello,

I was curious as to the best way to upload both the BBLX and BBLI Bible modules for the same translation? While I am aware of the conversion tool to go from the BBLX to the BBLI format, the conversation tool does not retain formatting (specifically red lettering). Also since I can include additional formatting in the BBLI format (small caps, anyone), I actually create the BBLI format first and downgrade to the BBLX format using some Excel formulas and some sqlite magic.

Should the modules be uploaded as two separate Bible modules, or both files as a single Bible module with two files?

Regards...

You can do individual uploads and posts for each version or you can place them both in a single zip file and do a single post indicating that both module versions are in the zip file.

As for creating modules you can easily create both formats using the module creation tool called e-Sword Tooltip NT 

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 05:52 AM

I use one zip file for both with a txt file that warns: BBLX is only made for e-Sword 9 and 10

while ALL the newer editions of e-Sword using the BBLI standard.
The problem is when you post BBLX separated and somebody use e-Sword X or e-Sword LT or e-Sword HD or even e-Sword 11 or 12 and see that there is formatting trouble or worse.
Or if you post BBLI separated and the reviewer use the old e-Sword 9 and 10 editions and is unaware.
Then have you a bad review because of the ignorance of the reviewer.

I have removed the e-Sword 9 and 10 editions (except setup1040.exe) on my computer and if BBLX is separated shall I not longer download it for myself.
Because I don't download downgraded editions anymore for myself but I updated it so I can use in ALL newer e-Sword editions.

But still want to upload it for the users that using e-Sword 9 or 10.

It is for me easier to have one standard and to deal with "pure Unicode"(the input SQLite UTF-8 is the same as the output) than with SQLite RTF tags for Hebrew or Greek.

And I use the data to compare Bible versions or editions.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 chipbeaulieu

chipbeaulieu

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the updates. I think I am leaning towards just uploading the BBLI versions. I played around with the tooltip app, but (unless I am missing something), it doesn't support styles in the BBLI version. For example, I colored some text RED and exported both the BBLX and BBLI files, but only the BBLX file had the RED text. It supports italic and bold in both versions. The conversion tool also skips red text when converting from BBLX to BBLI.

Also, I wanted to support small caps which the BBLI version supports. In fact, the BBLI being HTML can support most styles.

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for the updates. I think I am leaning towards just uploading the BBLI versions. I played around with the tooltip app, but (unless I am missing something), it doesn't support styles in the BBLI version. For example, I colored some text RED and exported both the BBLX and BBLI files, but only the BBLX file had the RED text. It supports italic and bold in both versions. The conversion tool also skips red text when converting from BBLX to BBLI.

Also, I wanted to support small caps which the BBLI version supports. In fact, the BBLI being HTML can support most styles.

When using Tooltip you to make sure to set the module parameters correctly that way Tooltip will process everything correctly. Before using Tooltip NT consult the users manual which is available from the Help menu in the esword main window. 

Regarding using red letters or any other color text in a bible module, there are instructions for that in the Tooltip NT users manual as well 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users