Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Insert Scriptures into Word Documents

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 garyworth

garyworth

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:27 AM

Attached File  e-Sword Macros.pptx   3.74MB   74 downloadsI have developed a macro to insert Scriptures into Word in a very clean and user friendly manner. I use the current available e-Sword macros but make them a lot more user friendly and the resulting Scriptures have punctuation corrected and is in the correct formatting according to the document. The macro works on one reference but also on a list of Scriptures and even for a group of verses overlapping to the next chapter (eg Rom 7:24-8:2).  I have also developed an accompanying macro which inserts all the Scriptures in a complete document either as footnotes or in the main body of the document. 

The macro also incorporates e-Sword Search, Bible Translation and Copy Style and calls for them within Word.

I have a PowerPoint to briefly explain and show how it all works. I am not a macro expert but I have had this working on my PC for quite a while and enhanced it greatly as time has past. My work has only been on a PC and not a Mac.

If this interests you have a look at my PowerPoint and I would love to receive some indication of your interest. Not sure if it might be needed by others as I have a few friends who love it. 

Edited by garyworth, 23 May 2020 - 04:57 AM.

#2 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:04 AM

It looks like a good macro to have - I think it would prove very valuable to those using Word and inserting Scriptures 

#3 lxpenczak

lxpenczak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for the post.  I have not been able to get the e-Sword provided macro to work.

I've reviewed the PPT file, but I'm not seeing the macro.  Did I overlook it somewhere? 

#4 garyworth

garyworth

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:57 PM

That's right, you don't see it. It looks like it is a part of Word. The macros sit behind the 5 icons in the Insert Scriptures tab. The user is unaware of the macros which are being used.

#5 Richard McDowell_71055

Richard McDowell_71055

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:53 AM

Looks amazing - I would love to try it out. Where can I get this?

Thank you for creating this

#6 lxpenczak

lxpenczak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

Where do I get the macro from so that I can use it? I assumed it was on this forum somewhere. 

Edited by lxpenczak, 30 May 2020 - 03:26 PM.

#7 garyworth

garyworth

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for your interest. At the moment I have developed it for my own use and a few of my friends. I only put it on the forum to find if there is any broader interest for it. If I find there is some interest I will need to develop a way of sharing the macro with others. I have restricted capacity to develop a user friendly way of doing this but I would love to share my work with others. Currently it  only works on a Windows 10 PC and I have not tested it or developed it on any other device. 

I will continue to await responses and work on some way of sharing it. Keep your ears to the ground! 

If anyone has capacities in macro writing, and software capacities to develop and share it please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again for your comments.

#8 lxpenczak

lxpenczak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

Here are a few articles/videos that show how you can export the macro to share it and how people can import it to use it. 

https://answers.micr...e1-c9097d41235b

#9 garyworth

garyworth

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for your info. I am aware of the way to export however I have other issues of folder naming to get around as these differ from PC to PC. It is a little complicated but I think I can get on top of it eventually. I will post something when I have it ready.

Gary Worth

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:05 PM

Brent Hildebrand wrote a program called e-Sword HotKey which inserts Bible Scripture references into MS Word and any other text editor and word processor. And because of the fact that this program works in all text editors and word processors, it means that one doesn't need to be dependent on. nor required to have Microsoft Word. However, I think one is required to have the latest e-Sword Macro installed due to that e-Sword HotKey is dependent on them.

Trust that this may prove to be helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users