Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Installing on a new computer

2 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Simmons

Thomas Simmons

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

I am in need of some guidance. I bought a new computer and need to install e-Sword on it. How do I do this. I tried to find it in the User Manual, but did not find it. I would like to avoid reloading all my resources and I do not want to lose my purchases that I have downloaded. Also, I use the Topic Journal and have run into a problem. When I get several entries and go to save, I receive an error message and lose not only that attempted entry, but the entire subject thread. And, bear with me, one more thing: How do I backup my journal entries, my study notes and my topic entries. This is a lot of help needed, so please be gentle. I am old school, active pastor for 60 years, but I am learning. Thanks for any help offered. Tommy Simmons

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

I am in need of some guidance. I bought a new computer and need to install e-Sword on it. How do I do this. I tried to find it in the User Manual, but did not find it. I would like to avoid reloading all my resources and I do not want to lose my purchases that I have downloaded. Also, I use the Topic Journal and have run into a problem. When I get several entries and go to save, I receive an error message and lose not only that attempted entry, but the entire subject thread. And, bear with me, one more thing: How do I backup my journal entries, my study notes and my topic entries. This is a lot of help needed, so please be gentle. I am old school, active pastor for 60 years, but I am learning. Thanks for any help offered. Tommy Simmons

For your bible and other modules, simply copy them all to a flash drive from the old PC.

For your new PC you will need to download and install e-Sword, once you have done that you can copy the modules from the flash drive to the e-Sword folder on your new PC. 

For your Topic, Note and Journal files you will find them in a folder labeled e-Sword in your computer's documents folder. You can copy them to the flash drive just as you did with the modules.

I am not sure about the saving issue with your topic notes.

Edited by Tj Higgins, 12 April 2020 - 07:15 PM.

#3 Thomas Simmons

Thomas Simmons

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:17 AM

Thank you and this gives me some needed guidance. I will undertake the task and come back to record the victory or ????.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users