Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

JW's New World Translation

Whole Bible Old Testament New Testament

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 September 2020 - 04:08 PM

You are correct about the bible support policy regarding modules related to organizations such as JW

The 1984 edition of the New World Translation can be downloaded from a website called e-Sword Library 

Here is a link to the site:

https://www.eswordlibrary.com/v9-bblx/

Also, the latest edition of the NWT in PDF format can be downloaded (you are not going to believe this LOL) from the JW website, and its free.

That said, if you want a copy of the current edition of the NWT for e-Sword, just message me here on BibleSupport enclosing your email address, and then you should have your copy pretty quickly, sort of like the next day.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 07 September 2020 - 04:13 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#22 darkblood

darkblood

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 04:22 PM

Im a bit late to this post. But was wondering if the files are still available ? I tried the link provided with no luck. 

#23 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 September 2023 - 10:21 AM

I'm curious, are any of you parents of multiple children?

Did you teach each of your children very different moral and spiritual values? Some allowed to become gay, some aren't with the warning of being disowned? Some can become a Christian by having water sprinkled on their head, but others must get fully immersed or they're not Christians? Some can abort their babies, others would be considered murderers for doing so? Some can believe in evolution, some can't? Some can go to war and kill their family members for opinionated ideals, others can't? Some can have all kinds of fancy titles, others aren't allowed? Some are okay to drip with bling, others should never do that? Some can adapt ancient Egyptian worship methods, others can use other pagan ideologies? 

What does the word Truth mean these days? What is a Christian to people who find the above acceptable, a father teaching his children with such divisiveness? As a Christian I've read and studied the Bible, wholeheartedly believing in it, and the answers are very simple and straightforward as to what God actually says throughout it. There is no reason for so many different religions other than to be diversions concocted by Satan. So, which is the True religion, and why? As the above shows, it does matter where you go to worship and what you believe. (1Corinthians 10:21-22)

#24 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 01:17 PM

Your topic is a good one, but im curious why it was posted under a jw bible discussion?

#25 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2023 - 01:55 AM

Your topic is a good one, but im curious why it was posted under a jw bible discussion?

It should be the Bible defining the religion, not religious tradition defining the Bible. There are those who think about the Bible in the same way some people think about politics and politicians. "I'm going to follow this political group because he likes what I like." That's not how the Bible works... you do whatever it says, as God's Word, and then great things happen. (Matthew 11:19)

#26 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 02:17 PM

Regrettably very few are serious enough about truth to seek it.

Most sadly are more fascinated with an organization and belonging and decisions they have made, than to study the word objectively for truth.

Edited by gad4, 28 September 2023 - 08:40 AM.

#27 celebratejesus

celebratejesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2023 - 05:21 PM

I attended a church in Bellingham WA, I lived there about 3 years, and the best sermon I ever heard was one that was pretty well advertised in advance.  It was all on the comparison of Christianity (The Bible), and the belief/doctrines of, if I remember right, 3 other religions.  I know the JW's was one, Church of Latter Day Saints and maybe there were just those 2, I am sorry I can't remember off-hand.  There were members of both of those denominations present, I'd say about 20 and it was a large church, not a mega, wouldn't call it that. 

The sermon was so clean that I was amazed how well our pastor presented each church's beliefs/doctrines.  I didn't even know about the other 2 (JWs/Mormons) only rumors I'll just say, but all the sermon was so fair in just presenting the beliefs so each of us would know, including the visitors, the actual beliefs and could fairly form our own opinions.  Mine was easy, as someone said earlier in this thread, there is only "one door".  I'd already decided that some years before, but it was interesting for me to know what others actually believed.

I only wish I knew if there was any chance of me getting a tape of that sermon.  I'm glad I saw this thread too and thank the OP as when I saw the words "JW Translation" I had to see what that was all about :)

I did have a point to this but I seemed to have left it out.  I just wanted to say that I think it's "maybe" good to have info on other religions so that if others want to compare, or just educate themselves, "maybe" it's a good idea.  I am very new here and it was just a thought, and a reminder of the time I learned something about other religions. Since I was saved, I've never looked back, or for any other God.

Edited by celebratejesus, 03 October 2023 - 05:49 PM.

"I wouldn't be caught dead without Jesus as my Saviour" Anonymous

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

#28 rictrician

rictrician

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMountain View Arkansas (USA)

Posted 03 October 2023 - 10:15 PM

I would love to have a copy of the Jehovah witness bible to compare in esword. Been looking for one for a while and cannot find one. I have an aunt and some cousins that are caught up in it.

Dead in Christ ricky j younger

#29 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 October 2023 - 07:37 AM

I would love to have a copy of the Jehovah witness bible to compare in esword. Been looking for one for a while and cannot find one. I have an aunt and some cousins that are caught up in it.

I can tell you this much that you won't find a NWT Bible for e-Sword on this site at all! And neither will you find one at eStudySource, or in e-Swords download manager. About the possible way you may get one, if one happens to fall off the back of the metaphorical truck, kind of thingy. Sort of like acquiring one through the black market kind of thing.

That said, if you go to the J.W. website you can download an electronic version in several formats, including an rtf format, which really comes in handy for importing into T4, and thus creating your own NWT Bible.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 04 October 2023 - 07:45 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#30 celebratejesus

celebratejesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2023 - 07:50 AM

Ok now I am confused, I thought there was something on this site that had a download for the JW's "bible".  I am sorry I was so mistaken.  It's kind of a relief because I'm not the type to study another religion, not at all in depth anyway.

"I wouldn't be caught dead without Jesus as my Saviour" Anonymous

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users