Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

New Resources

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rkilba1

rkilba1

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

Anybody out there have a copy of the Scofield Reference Bible? I have the Reference Notes but not the Bible itself.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

As far as I am aware there is no Scofield Reference Bible as such for e-Sword. The only thing that comes from Scofield is his reference notes in commentary format. This can be either downloaded from here or from e-Sword's Commentary page, or by using the built in downloader in e-Sword.

Other than those options, I'm sorry I can't help you.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

The Scofield Bible itself is the KJV, as far as I know. It's been some time, but when I looked at the Scofield Bible of the early 1900s, it seemed to just be the KJV with Scofield's Reference Notes printed beside the KJV text. I didn't compare every section, so I can't say with certainty there are no deviations from the KJV.

#4 RickB

RickB

e-Sword Supporter

• Contributors
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, Colorado

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

The Scofield Bible itself is the KJV, as far as I know. It's been some time, but when I looked at the Scofield Bible of the early 1900s, it seemed to just be the KJV with Scofield's Reference Notes printed beside the KJV text. I didn't compare every section, so I can't say with certainty there are no deviations from the KJV.

You are right Josh, it is the straight KJV with Scofield's notes and footnotes included with the KJV
RickB

#5 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

The "old" Scofield is straight KJV. There is such a thing as the "new" Scofield that changes out some of the KJV words with modern words (example: "cow/cattle" instead of "kine"), and puts the KJV word in the margin as a note.

My best guess is that the "new Scofield Translation" (never called anything but KJV, but there were textual changes made) is under copyright.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#6 rkilba1

rkilba1

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:24 AM

Ahhh! My misunderstanding. Thanks to all for the clarification.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users