Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

ios 13 and e-sword hd

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:19 AM

I noticed in the list of features for e-sword hd that it now has “support for multiple windows”. Can anyone comment on how this feature works? I have yet to update to ios 13.3 due to all the issues that have cropped up with the release of the new ios. Plus, I have an ipad air2 and am undecided as to whether I will update at all. I know I can but sometimes on an older device getting the latest slows everything down on the ipad.

#2 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:46 AM

Hi Jogirl: I run an iPad Pro with the 13.3. No problems. The e-Sword feature you mentioned allows you to split the screen with e-Sword on one side and another app on the other. I use it for church services where I have e-Sword on one side (Bible text) and Nebo (notes app) on the other. Makes referencing and taking sermon notes easy. Hope this helps.

#3 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:14 PM

Thanks, lewiej, for responding. The split screen you refer to is something we could do with ios 12. Ios 13 has a different feature, although it sounds similar, called multiple windows. It allows apps that are updated with this feature to have more than one instance of the same app on the screen, at least that is what I have read it does. Given that, it does split the view but with two instances of the same app, side by side. When I read that e-sword supported “multiple windows” in the latest update about a month ago, I got excited. Well, I have yet to update to ios 13. And still am wondering how multiple windows works.

#4 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:34 PM

Sorry to disagree but my iPad running iOS 13.x allows two different apps to run on the split screen OR two instances of the same app. I can send you a screenshot if you give me your email address (don’t know how to attach it here). Perhaps you are referring to multiple windows in Safari?

Edited by lewiej, 18 December 2019 - 03:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users