Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How Can We Add The New Strongs Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible to eSword

18 replies to this topic

#1 mossua11

mossua11

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:35 PM

In eSword, how can we add The New Strongs Exaustive Concordance of the Bible?

eSword currently has the Strong's numbers associated with the KJV Bible words and other Bible downloads. this is very good.

We need the ability to have a true type Concordance that lists every key word in the  KJV Bible except a, an, and, to, I, and similar type common items. The Concordance should list every Bible key word by each of it variations and the scriptures where the word appear.

For instance in a Concordance when looking up the word stoop, it appears as follows.

1. Stoop

Job 9:13

Prov 12:25

Isa 46:2

Mark 1:7

2. Stooped

Gen 49:9

1 Sam 24:8

1 Sam 24:18

2 Chron 32:3

John 8:6

John 8:8

John 20:11

3. Stoopeth

Isa 46:1

4. Stooping

Luke 24:17

John 20:5

The Concordance lists all the wordss in alphabetical order. When you do not know how to spell  the word or its different variations being used you are in trouble looking it up. In a Concordance with all the words listed, you can physically search each word and see what is what. eSword does have a very good search function; but, you must know how to spell the word. The search function shows one word at a time.

How can we get the New Strongs Exhuastive Concordance of the Bible added to eSword?

Edited by JPG, 14 December 2019 - 03:19 AM.
Please don't use larger bold text for whole post

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:53 AM

The way to get t the New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible added to e-sword is to get the entity that holds the copyrights to it to grant permission to create and distribute distribute the module. 

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:24 PM

check the U.S. copyright office to see it a copyright exists on the work.

I found this:

Sorry, no results found for 'New Strongs Exaustive Concordance'. 

I did it 2x so work appears not copyright which I did not think so.  rearranging a PD work is not creativity or revising.

https://cocatalog.lo...ocal&PAGE=First

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:48 PM

eSword currently has the Strong's numbers associated with the KJV Bible words and other Bible downloads. this is very good.

We need the ability to have a true type Concordance that lists every key word in the  KJV Bible except a, an, and, to, I, and similar type common items. The Concordance should list every Bible key word by each of it variations and the scriptures where the word appear.

Below is  a raw video I've just created which tries to answer your question. I don't know how well I did, but I do hope that it is helpful to you.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

check the U.S. copyright office to see it a copyright exists on the work.

I found this:

Sorry, no results found for 'New Strongs Exaustive Concordance'. 

I did it 2x so work appears not copyright which I did not think so.  rearranging a PD work is not creativity or revising.

https://cocatalog.lo...ocal&PAGE=First

The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible is currently published by Thomas Nelson which means they would have to give permission for an e-Sword module to be created

#6 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:33 PM

not copyright 

just because someone publishes it does not mean it is in  copyright   

rearranging a PD work is not creativity or revising.

#7 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:56 AM

not copyright 

just because someone publishes it does not mean it is in  copyright   

rearranging a PD work is not creativity or revising.

True but permission would still be needed to use the text as published by Thomas Nelson Publishers

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

True but permission would still be needed to use the text as published by Thomas Nelson Publishers

For personal/private use, not an issue. Just can't distribute, sell, give away to anyone else.

That said, the distribute, give away bit - well, that always somehow happens. So there we go.

The thing I find quite amazing and amusing, is that even a number of true blue Christians have a propensity of giving (so called) Christian publishers the proverbial middle finger and tell them where they can go, and break the rules.  As to how many Christians who break these rules have been nabbed (caught), sued, prosecuted, and put in the slammer - I have no idea. But it appears to be quite minimal and that most - if not all - seem to get away with it.

Totally unreal!

Blessings, and a scary merry Christmas

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance

Thomas Nelson / 2003 / Hardcover

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible has been the standard Bible concordance for pastors, scholars, and laypersons for over a century. This edition provides the classic Strong's features in a smalller, more convenient form. other smaller-sized editions, this portable version is truly exhaustive. It indexes every word of the King James Version, including articles, conjuctions, and .prepositions. This concordance gives you the in-depth reference information you want, wherever you need it. Also features the Fan-Tab Thumb Index Reference System.

From what I see in the above text there does not appear to be any difference between this and what we already have for E-Sword in the Strong's + module. Just a relabeling so they can sell some more copies.

Edited by Silverhair, 16 December 2019 - 05:17 PM.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#10 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

"True but permission would still be needed to use the text as published by Thomas Nelson Publishers"-their text only not the strongs dictionary.  

"Christian publishers the proverbial middle finger and tell them where they can go, and break the rules." --no rules concern PD material. the post concerned the strongs dictionary.  Christian publishers lie when they publish PD material claiming copyright.

Bottom line strongs dictionary.is PD and anyone can do what they want without copyright infringement.

From what I see in the above text there does not appear to be any difference between this and what we already have for E-Sword in the Strong's + module. Just a relabeling so they can sell some more copies.--Exactly!   Better have it removed before we get sued by TN. <_<  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users