Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Search multiple translations at once?

4 replies to this topic

#1 JB2000

JB2000

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:29 AM

Good morning,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get search results from multiple Bible versions at once?

I'd like to be able to enter a search word or phrase and see which translation(s) it occurs in. My primary reason is that I sometimes have trouble finding a verse because the translation I'm searching in has chosen to use a different word than the one I am remembering (because I originally read / memorized it in a different translation).

Thanks!

Edited by JB2000, 16 November 2019 - 08:30 AM.

#2 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Easy to do. You can use extended search for the Bible, Commentary or Dictionary. Just click on the heading word and it will open a drop down list. Pick extended search this will open another window, if you click on the icon that looks like three books this will open a list of all the bibles, cmtx or dic. you have. Pick the ones you wish to search, enter the word / words you want to search for. The icon that looks like a gear will give you some other search options.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#3 JB2000

JB2000

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

Thank you!

#4 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

You learn something every day - I too sometimes want to search but because of the various translations I am not sure which version I remember the word or words from - then I go through several searches - now all in one hit. Thanks  

#5 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:40 PM

Unless There is something that I am missing, this cannot be done in the iPad version. It only searches the active translation. Too bad....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users