Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Search multiple translations at once?

4 replies to this topic

#1 JB2000

JB2000

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:29 AM

Good morning,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get search results from multiple Bible versions at once?

I'd like to be able to enter a search word or phrase and see which translation(s) it occurs in. My primary reason is that I sometimes have trouble finding a verse because the translation I'm searching in has chosen to use a different word than the one I am remembering (because I originally read / memorized it in a different translation).

Thanks!

Edited by JB2000, 16 November 2019 - 08:30 AM.

#2 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Easy to do. You can use extended search for the Bible, Commentary or Dictionary. Just click on the heading word and it will open a drop down list. Pick extended search this will open another window, if you click on the icon that looks like three books this will open a list of all the bibles, cmtx or dic. you have. Pick the ones you wish to search, enter the word / words you want to search for. The icon that looks like a gear will give you some other search options.

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God

“DISCERNMENT is not simply telling the difference between what is Right and Wrong;

rather, it is the difference between Right and almost right.”

#3 JB2000

JB2000

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

Thank you!

#4 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

You learn something every day - I too sometimes want to search but because of the various translations I am not sure which version I remember the word or words from - then I go through several searches - now all in one hit. Thanks  

#5 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:40 PM

Unless There is something that I am missing, this cannot be done in the iPad version. It only searches the active translation. Too bad....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users