Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie, I have a question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Renee Thérèse

Renee Thérèse

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:27 PM

Is there ANY Catholic Bibles to download on E-Sword?

#2 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:20 AM

Only bible I could find after a search - 

Catholic Public Domain Version.bblx.exe
Go to the "Search" on Home page and type Catholic Bible

#3 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

If its not up to date you might have to create your own personal bible module for your own use or better ask for permission for one to be made from the American bible

copyright holder.  I know that New American bible is copyrighted and NRSV as well.   Free modules: also the good news for modern man NT; The New Testament in Todays' English Version.  The DouayRheims Bible is a translation of the Bible from the Latin Vulgate into English made by members of the Catholic seminary English College.  However it an old version.

Michael

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

Is there ANY Catholic Bibles to download on E-Sword?

The 1899 Douay-Rheims Bible is available for download using built in e-Sword's download manager.

Also, I have the New American Bible (not to be confused with the New American Standard Bible), which is a Roman Catholic edition/translation for the Bible. See info below:

Version ID: NAB

Description: The New American Bible 
Language: English
Number of Books: 73
Number of Chapters: 1328
Number of Verses: 35421
Number of Blank Verses: 0
Total Number of Words: 816311
Number of Unique Words: 18017
Current Verse: 573
Database Type: Bible Text Version
Books: Gen Exo Lev Num Deu Jos Jdg Rut 1Sa 2Sa 1Ki 2Ki 1Ch 2Ch Ezr Neh Est Job Psa Pro Ecc Sol Isa Jer Lam Eze Dan Hos Joe Amo Oba Jon Mic Nah Hab Zep Hag Zec Mal Mat Mar Luk Joh Act Rom 1Co 2Co Gal Eph Phi Col 1Th 2Th 1Ti 2Ti *** Phm Heb Jam 1Pe 2Pe 1Jo 2Jo 3Jo Jud Rev Jdt Tob 1Ma 2Ma Wis Sir Bar 

Copyright and Source Information:

NAB - The New American Bible with Revised New Testament and Revised Psalms, and with Roman Catholic Deutero-Canon. "New American Bible, Copyright © 1991,1986,1970 by the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, 3211 Fourth Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20017-1194, USA, is used by license of copyright owner. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, digital or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the copyright owner."

I don't remember where I obtained it from, but think it was from one of the e-Sword User groups in Yahoo over 10 years ago (been using e-sword for 14 years).

The RV, RSV, and the NRSV aren't Catholic Bibles irrespective that there is an edition of the NRSV for for Catholics and Anglicans/Episcopalians.

Trust you find this information helpful to you.

Blessings,

post-94-0-52125500-1325722973.png

Edited by APsit190, 13 November 2019 - 06:45 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Renee Thérèse

Renee Thérèse

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

Okay, thank you everyone :-)

#6 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:20 AM

I have seen a youth study bible NRSV Catholic ed.  NRSV can be purchased. I am glad they are waking up to somewhat of a "lay" serious study Bible. the NRSV was not done by R. Catholic translators (alone as the "NAB" not same as NASB).    The New Testament in Todays' English Version is done by the american bible society and the only difference between so-called R. Catholic & so-called protestant is the preface and the cover.  U.S. council of Bishops has a study Bible online but not as thorough as NIV/ESV wks.    RV is just revised KJV, again.  To clarify the above.  No excuse for english readers and speakers not find a version.

Thank you APsit190 for your assistance.  We can always count on the Kiwies :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users