Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Lange and BHS Commentaries loading very slowly on iPhone iOS (e-Sword LT)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 acjthai

acjthai

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationS.E. Asia

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:25 PM

I have a couple of quick questions. I have a number of modules that I converted a couple of years ago for use on my e-sword (LT) app on my iPhone 6. They worked fine. I recently backed up my iPhone 6 on iTunes and restored everything to a new iPhone 7 (256gb). On my iPhone 6 (128gb) I installed almost 25 of these converted files, in addition to all the free commentary downloads available through Rick Meyer's website. Everything seemed to work fine. However, when I loaded Lange's commentary, it would totally slow everything down and often would not allow me to change commentaries altogether. That Lange commentary module was one I converted myself; so, I just did not load it back on the iPhone 6 when I deleted it and started all over again. 

[I also had similar problems with my iOS Bible list, after downloading many of the different Hebrew Bible modules made by Eliran Wong. Since the updates by Eliran on all those modules, I have not had any problems with any of the BHS bibles in the Bible list on my new iPhone 7 or e-Sword X. I do not have any problem with Lange's Commentary on the latter either.]

This time around on the iPhone 7, I downloaded the Lange commentary already made for Apple devices from this website online (not the one I converted). It worked perfectly fine before I loaded any other commentaries. But after only loading about 5 of my converted modules, I was back to the same problem. I deleted everything else and started over again, only uploading and testing about 5 or so modules at a time. I did this twice. I determined that the Lange Commentary--Lange (Apple Devices).cmti [at over 240 MB]--and the BHSE Commentary by Eliran Wong--BHSE.cmti (at almost 200 MB)--are the commentaries that are causing the commentary selection to slow up a great deal, if not freeze altogether. So, I deleted everything again, and reloaded all of my converted modules plus a few free ones and then loaded Langes. This time Lange seemed to work with the others just fine: I could switch quickly and easily between the commentaries and nothing froze. So, I tried to download many of the BHS Bibles (with the accompanying dictionaries) and the BHS commentary. Now, with the sole addition of this last commentary, the entire commentary list is frozen again. :-( 

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and what to do to correct this problem? I would really like to use both of these commentaries, but not if one or both of them are going to slow down or freeze my e-Sword iOS App altogether . Thanks for your timely and knowledgable help. 

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:50 PM

The individual who created all of the BHS related modules has created his own app for them and is no longer updating them here on biblesupport

Here is the link to his sight:

https://Marvel.Bible

The new app is specifically designed for Iphones 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users