Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

PDF to E-Sword

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 discipledwretch

discipledwretch

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

I have a huge collection of PDFs and EPUBs, including some digital bibles. I am trying to convert to e-sword modules and have had a heck of a time. Is there anyone or a converter that can handle pdf to module quickly besides the tool tip creator? I have attached a bible translation file for reference.

Attached Files

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

I have a huge collection of PDFs and EPUBs, including some digital bibles. I am trying to convert to e-sword modules and have had a heck of a time. Is there anyone or a converter that can handle pdf to module quickly besides the tool tip creator? I have attached a bible translation file for reference.

There is no converter tool to convert pdf files to e-sword modules, the reason for this that e-sword modules are sql databases. 

However there is a method that should be fairly easy:

You will need to convert the pdf files to rich text format or rtf files. e-Sword tooltip can open and read rtf format files once the rtf file is open in e-Sword Tooltip you will need to do editing to make sure the module is properly formatted for e-Sword use. Once the editing is done you can save the document in the proper module format for e-Sword use

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:55 PM

With regard to epub books and etc., if they allow it, about the only way to do the text from them is to copy and paste them in T4, and then from there export them as an refx, cmtx, and etc database file for e-Sword. Outside of that, your chances of exporting them is about as good as next to zero considering there is not a conversion software that will convert them to an e-Sword database file.

You need to be mindful that some epub books, the ability to copy text may have been limited to a certain amount, or even may have been completely disabled.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:59 AM

EPUB files are zipped HTML.  I've "unzipped" them and read the HTML into T4. Change the .epub extension to .zip, and try opening them.  You may see XHTML/XML files can be opened in T4. YMMV

#5 discipledwretch

discipledwretch

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:00 PM

Okay, I am confused. Whats t4?

#6 billhuff2002

billhuff2002

Module Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,895 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD, USA

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

T4 is a utility to create e-Sword modules.  You can find it under the "Utilities" download section of this site.  In addition to the program is a user guide that will aid you in using this valuable resource.  Most of our module creators use this utility to create resources for this site.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

EPUB files are zipped HTML.  I've "unzipped" them and read the HTML into T4. Change the .epub extension to .zip, and try opening them.  You may see XHTML/XML files can be opened in T4. YMMV

Ha,ha,ha! So  - that really beats trying to find a converter for it. Interesting!

Just wondering - will doing that over ride the blocks on copy and paste, and print capabilities that have been put in some (if not all) of those files?

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21)

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:33 PM

try it and find out!

#9 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:47 AM

Please ensure that those files/content are not under copyright before converting them into modules. You may obtain permission from the author for the content under copyright. we do not publish copyrighted content in the site.

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users